Danyal124
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Help on these two questions for the first one I used the reaction of a 3 plus ion and NH3 the answer is similar to mine but has coefficient of 2 in front I can’t figure out why.the second question the parts on the mark scheme I don’t get are highlighted in blue
Last edited by Danyal124; 1 week ago
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Danyal124)
Help on these two questions for the first one I used the reaction of a 3 plus ion and NH3 the answer is similar to mine but has coefficient of 2 in front I can’t figure out why.the second question the parts on the mark scheme I don’t get are highlighted in blue
You have to make aluminium hydroxide, which requires the loss of three protons, and diaminoethane has two basic lone pairs.

Hence, 3 x diaminoethanes can react with 2 x hexaaquaaluminium ions
charco
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The second part is ligand substitution.

The diaminoethane is a bidentate ligand and each molecule forms two attachments to the metal cobalt ion.
Danyal124
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by charco)
The second part is ligand substitution.

The diaminoethane is a bidentate ligand and each molecule forms two attachments to the metal cobalt ion.
could you draw out the molecule for the second question the mark scheme doesn't have a picture of it and i dont know whether i drew it correct alsocould you explain the reaction with the second part with oxygen and oh minus as a product ie what happened there
charco
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
could you draw out the molecule for the second question the mark scheme doesn't have a picture of it and i dont know whether i drew it correct alsocould you explain the reaction with the second part with oxygen and oh minus as a product ie what happened there
Danyal124
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
could you explain the equation in part 2 how do you know the oxidation state goes up when it reacts with o2
Danyal124
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
You have to make aluminium hydroxide, which requires the loss of three protons, and diaminoethane has two basic lone pairs.

Hence, 3 x diaminoethanes can react with 2 x hexaaquaaluminium ions
how do you know to make aluminium hydoxide
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (122)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (368)
14.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (272)
10.91%
Lack of purpose or motivation (351)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (114)
4.57%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (151)
6.06%
Loneliness (214)
8.59%
Financial worries (93)
3.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.25%
Exposure to negative news/social media (119)
4.78%
Lack of real life entertainment (132)
5.3%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (216)
8.67%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (234)
9.39%

Watched Threads