s.b2005
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi! I will be starting the IB DP program in September, and I want to follow a career in business! This is my subject combination right now...

HL: English, Business Management, Biology(or ART please help me pick!)
SL: French, Math, Physics

I'm not sure whether I should take HL Biology or Art, which one would be better?
sam_rondas
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by s.b2005)
Hi! I will be starting the IB DP program in September, and I want to follow a career in business! This is my subject combination right now...

HL: English, Business Management, Biology(or ART please help me pick!)
SL: French, Math, Physics

I'm not sure whether I should take HL Biology or Art, which one would be better?
Hi,

It really depends on what you enjoy doing the most, IMHO. English and Business Management at HL is probably enough to fulfill the entrance requirements for any uni degrees related to business, so I would take the last HL subject which you like the most. If you're more creative then go for art, but if you're better at science and stuff like that then maybe go for Biology. Also, it kind of depends on what kind of business you see yourself going into. E.g., if you want to go into more design-related business then art is probably best but in all honesty, it probably doesn't really matter. I can't imagine either subject playing a significant role in a university course for business.

So in short, go for whichever excites you the most or is most relevant to the type of business you would like to pursue.

Hope this helps
ggaaiiaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey!

It depends on what you think you want to do after sixth form. This is your chance to do some useful procrastination and look up uni courses/apprenticeships/job requirements and see what they ask for. Some might prefer a science, even if I imagine most wouldn't mind as long as you have the grades +/- an essay-based subject.

That said, make sure you choose subjects you enjoy as it'll make it easier for you to get good grades

Good luck!
Last edited by ggaaiiaa; 3 days ago
SirSaltyofSussex
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Just remember that some unis in the UK (LSE and UCL) require HL maths for business.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.08%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.74%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.91%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.18%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.81%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.12%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.76%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.73%

Watched Threads