Astra Zeneca vaccine and clots query

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Was it mentioned how long after the vaccine did symptoms occur of the blood clot?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I heard on one new clip the gap was 3 weeks. The key question is if there is any link between the vaccine and the blood clot. I don’t know if there is any theoretical mechanism. The low frequency rate of clots would suggest to me it’s a coincidence. I wonder how many of these types of clot occurred pre covid.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zarek)
I heard on one new clip the gap was 3 weeks. The key question is if there is any link between the vaccine and the blood clot. I don’t know if there is any theoretical mechanism. The low frequency rate of clots would suggest to me it’s a coincidence. I wonder how many of these types of clot occurred pre covid.
It is starting to look more and more likely that there is a link.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Was it mentioned how long after the vaccine did symptoms occur of the blood clot?
It is not even known if it is a symptom or just events that have coincided with a handful of people after receiving a vaccine dose.

these clots happen naturally and its trying to correlate the statistical volume in relative populations. I believe their have been something like 7 serious cases in the 32ish million people in the UK who have been vaccinated.

but they say symptoms of headaches/tiredness/fever are normal in the first 48 hours after vaccination, so presumably if symptoms persist after this call 111.
Last edited by mnot; 1 week ago
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JaseyB)
It is starting to look more and more likely that there is a link.
Not sure about this yet. It may just be media driven speculation. It will be good to have a statement from MHRA
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mnot)
It is not even known if it is a symptom or just events that have coincided with a handful of people after receiving a vaccine dose.

these clots happen naturally and its trying to correlate the statistical volume in relative populations. I believe their have been something like 7 serious cases in the 32ish million people in the UK who have been vaccinated.

but they say symptoms of headaches/tiredness/fever are normal in the first 48 hours after vaccination, so presumably if symptoms persist after this call 111.
30 cases in the UK with 7 deaths.
Redfrost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m due my second vaccine on Friday, I’m a bit scared.

The more people reassure me the more suspicious I get.
LairdBerkut
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Based on Norway 3-14 days after vaccination.
https://legemiddelverket.no/Document...20vaccines.pdf

Though feeling fine after this date doesn't necessarily mean you're in the clear. I remember reading a report about a woman who had headaches for six weeks and the eventual diagnosis was cerebral venous sinus thrombosis. That case was pre-vaccine though. (I say this as a non-science person, so maybe the vaccine related immune overaction would always have happened before that time. I dunno).

I myself have had a headache for 30 days after the vaccine now and will probably die.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (152)
42.46%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (53)
14.8%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (145)
40.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.23%

Watched Threads