Studying at a Korean University info please

Watch
miao8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I'm really interested in the Korean language and culture. I have a place at a UK university to study Biological sciences which I am also very interested in. I would love to study or live in Korea. Could I do a masters in Korean language, at a Korean University after my degree, or could I study biological sciences or something similar at a Korean University along side learning Korean language and culture. Does anyone have an advice or websites which allow me to learn of this process?
sm2908
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by miao8)
So I'm really interested in the Korean language and culture. I have a place at a UK university to study Biological sciences which I am also very interested in. I would love to study or live in Korea. Could I do a masters in Korean language, at a Korean University after my degree, or could I study biological sciences or something similar at a Korean University along side learning Korean language and culture. Does anyone have an advice or websites which allow me to learn of this process?
As far as I did my research, to pursue a bachelor's or masters in Korea you do need to take TOPIK which is the Korean language proficiency test. You don't necessarily need to have the Korean language fluency for a study abroad semester but I read it's a must for the whole 4-year ride. Else if you want and it is something you would want to do then the universities offer Korean language schools which is like they train you for the exam so you can then apply for the Korean universities, that way you live there and also learn the language at a faster pace by living and learning by practicing with the locals, that is what my best friend actually did because she didn't mind taking a gap year. But if you are really interested in the major you have a place for at a uni in UK and don't want to delay the start of your education then go for the UK uni.

Hopefully that helps a little
miao8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by sm2908)
As far as I did my research, to pursue a bachelor's or masters in Korea you do need to take TOPIK which is the Korean language proficiency test. You don't necessarily need to have the Korean language fluency for a study abroad semester but I read it's a must for the whole 4-year ride. Else if you want and it is something you would want to do then the universities offer Korean language schools which is like they train you for the exam so you can then apply for the Korean universities, that way you live there and also learn the language at a faster pace by living and learning by practicing with the locals, that is what my best friend actually did because she didn't mind taking a gap year. But if you are really interested in the major you have a place for at a uni in UK and don't want to delay the start of your education then go for the UK uni.

Hopefully that helps a little
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (132)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (398)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (299)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (377)
14.06%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.08%
Loneliness (229)
8.54%
Financial worries (98)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (122)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (141)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (236)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (256)
9.55%

Watched Threads