What is the best route for me to get into Primary School teaching in my position

Watch
trp2021
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi, I have just completed a BA in Literature and have decided that I would like to get into teaching KS1/KS2. One of the options that I have been looking into is the PGCE w/QTS. Is this the best method for me in my position? Thanks.
UniGirl28
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by trp2021)
Hi, I have just completed a BA in Literature and have decided that I would like to get into teaching KS1/KS2. One of the options that I have been looking into is the PGCE w/QTS. Is this the best method for me in my position? Thanks.
Hey
QTS with PGCE is usually university based and you have to pay the tuition fee (SFE can help with it) . Schools direct and SCITT also do the same types of courses, either QTS or QTS with PGCE. It is worth thinking about if you want the PGCE or not (I would say yes!). SCITT and schools direct also offer salaried places - where you are paid to train, as does Teach First!
There are lots of routes to look into.
I think the main things I would be looking to answer are;
1) Do you want to earn a salary whilst training, or pay a tuition fee?
2) Would you prefer university based or school-led? (I am applying for school led but accredited by the university, so there will be some days at uni for lectures etc, but will be primarily in school).

I hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (75)
42.13%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (31)
17.42%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (69)
38.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed