GCSE revision Study tips

Watch this thread
loraa11
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey so I was just wondering if any "high achieving" year 11s or anyone that has done GCSEs has any advice/tips/websites I can use for these subjects:

-Combined Science foundation OCR
-AQA Religious studies-Sikh practises, Christianity practises and Religion Peace & Conflict
- BTEC level 3 Health and social care
- EDUQAS/WJEC English Literature- An Inspector Calls
- EDUQAS/WJEC UNSEEN POETRY lol
-OCR Foundation maths

xx
Last edited by loraa11; 1 year ago
loraa11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
anyoune?
loraa11
Rep:
bump
loraa11
Rep:
buump
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello! I achieved grade 8 for english lang and lit- for english lit i would recommend practising past paper questions for the unseen poetry section- obviously that poem wont come up again but its really good to get the practise in
ShadowHokage
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by loraa11)
Hey so I was just wondering if any "high achieving" year 11s or anyone that has done GCSEs has any advice/tips/websites I can use for these subjects:

-Combined Science foundation OCR
-AQA Religious studies-Sikh practises, Christianity practises and Religion Peace & Conflict
- BTEC level 3 Health and social care
- EDUQAS/WJEC English Literature- An Inspector Calls
- EDUQAS/WJEC UNSEEN POETRY lol
-OCR Foundation maths

xx
For science just practice enough questions. When I did GCSEs, last year, it got to a point where I could almost visualise the mark scheme and I would write down the exact points needed for the marks. For RE I made a few flash cards with just famous teaching that I could use, try to use ones that are versatile but also not common (using rare teaching really impressed my teachers). English literature is about practice and every time you write a essay, go to your teacher to mark it. In fact, I achieved a grade 6 in year10mocks but then for 6 months I used to go 4 different teachers every week to give them an essay to mark, I know it sounds long, but in the next mock I got the highest in my year so it definitely paid off. Maths make sure you know the skills, for maths the exam board just change the numbers here & there and that’s all so as long as you know the topic well you can do almost any question. Hope this helps.
loraa11
Rep:
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
Hello! I achieved grade 8 for english lang and lit- for english lit i would recommend practising past paper questions for the unseen poetry section- obviously that poem wont come up again but its really good to get the practise in
ohh congrats and thanks for this advice i will deffo practise questions thanks this will help me

(Original post by EliteBoy8)
For science just practice enough questions. When I did GCSEs, last year, it got to a point where I could almost visualise the mark scheme and I would write down the exact points needed for the marks. For RE I made a few flash cards with just famous teaching that I could use, try to use ones that are versatile but also not common (using rare teaching really impressed my teachers). English literature is about practice and every time you write a essay, go to your teacher to mark it. In fact, I achieved a grade 6 in year10mocks but then for 6 months I used to go 4 different teachers every week to give them an essay to mark, I know it sounds long, but in the next mock I got the highest in my year so it definitely paid off. Maths make sure you know the skills, for maths the exam board just change the numbers here & there and that’s all so as long as you know the topic well you can do almost any question. Hope this helps.
ohh thank you this helped soo much ,,,thanks i will use this advice xx
loraa11
Rep:
nummp
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
42.09%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.32%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.22%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.37%

Watched Threads