Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm 19 and my dad never lets me do anything. Everything I do is either gay or its what woman do. He loves taken my phone and makes excuses to take it why? idk , and when something sticks in this head he wont let it go. He loves taking my happiness for his pleasure bc his dad did it to him.
any advice
beneficialgirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Move out / go to uni
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Save up as much money as you can so that you will be able to move out.
Sadly parents that are habitual bullies, controlling, sadistic, violent or toxic towards their children will never change.
The cycle will only end when you break it, usually by moving away with no forwarding address and significantly reducing all contact.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Save up as much money as you can so that you will be able to move out.
Sadly parents that are habitual bullies, controlling, sadistic, violent or toxic towards their children will never change.
The cycle will only end when you break it, usually by moving away with no forwarding address and significantly reducing all contact.
the thing is he wont let me move out unless hes dead, my mum will tho
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the thing is he wont let me move out unless hes dead, my mum will tho
Don't ask him for permission, let him know in advance or provide him with your new address after you go.
I didn't.
Good luck!
Debs25
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Your Dad can only wield power over you if you let him. There's absolutely no way he should be confiscating your phone as you're officially an adult. As for him calling you names, belittling you, I'd just try to ignore him. If he gets a reaction, he'll do it all the more, whereas if you don't react, he won't get the attention and gratification he's seeking. Like Londonmyst says, just save up and leave. He sounds a nightmare!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Debs25)
Your Dad can only wield power over you if you let him. There's absolutely no way he should be confiscating your phone as you're officially an adult. As for him calling you names, belittling you, I'd just try to ignore him. If he gets a reaction, he'll do it all the more, whereas if you don't react, he won't get the attention and gratification he's seeking. Like Londonmyst says, just save up and leave. He sounds a nightmare!
thanks for the advice. In my culture there no such thing as an adult unless your married.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
thanks for the advice. In my culture there no such thing as an adult unless your married.
Get married ASAP! worked for me.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
Move out.

At 19 you can vote, drive a car, marry, join the Military, hold a tenancy, have a kid, attend University, take up a job, etc etc etc - none of this requires parental permission.

1. Find a place
2. Pack a bag and move in
3. Tell your dad you moved out because he makes you miserable/want to be more independent/you'll stay in touch
4. Invite your mum round for dinner
Debs25
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm so sorry for my ignorance re your culture. I wish you all the best and hope that you can soon escape the toxic environment that you find yourself in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed