If I apply to a course before 30 June, will I get offers?

Watch
Amin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Lets say I apply to an undergraduate course before 30 June, will I get offers or not?
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amin7)
Lets say I apply to an undergraduate course before 30 June, will I get offers or not?
If the course is still open and you meet their selection criteria, you might.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Between the January deadline and the final deadline in June applications are considered on a first come first served basis.

If you’re hoping to apply then get your application in asap to maximise your chances of an offer
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Being realistic, you will not get an offer. I was in charge of recruitment for my programme - Business and Management - for 3 years and we had historic data showing how many offers are accepted. For my uni it was a 3 to 1 ratio. Thus for every 3 offers one student ended up on the programme. For the 300 places on the course, I would make about 1000 offers and then close up shop. Thus, if you send in your application on 29th June you have a slim to non-existent chance of getting an offer since most unis would have hit their quota of offers. As PQ states, its first come first served.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
Being realistic, you will not get an offer. I was in charge of recruitment for my programme - Business and Management - for 3 years and we had historic data showing how many offers are accepted. For my uni it was a 3 to 1 ratio. Thus for every 3 offers one student ended up on the programme. For the 300 places on the course, I would make about 1000 offers and then close up shop. Thus, if you send in your application on 29th June you have a slim to non-existent chance of getting an offer since most unis would have hit their quota of offers. As PQ states, its first come first served.
Absolute rubbish. Most universities dont fill spaces each year and there is every possibility of getting an offer. Very competitive universities and courses will be full but most will be available. Look at the clearing lists each year. That will tell you everything. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/new...%20find%20a%20
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Again, if we didn’t want want to consider people at that stage we would just... close the course. No point wasting everyone’s time having them apply and give ourselves more work.
Last edited by Admit-One; 1 week ago
Bangor Uni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amin7)
Hi Amin7,

The initial UCAS deadline for UK and EU students is 15 January, however we welcome applications after this date. Those received between 15 January and 30 June will continue to be forwarded to universities by UCAS and will receive consideration where places are still available. I'm sure most Universities will be the same

Thanks
Rhian
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (73)
4.69%
Uncertainty around my education (238)
15.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (169)
10.85%
Lack of purpose or motivation (221)
14.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (69)
4.43%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (91)
5.84%
Loneliness (138)
8.86%
Financial worries (54)
3.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (70)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (75)
4.81%
Lack of real life entertainment (81)
5.2%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (135)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (144)
9.24%

Watched Threads