Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've complained over and over.

The letting agent just doesn't seem to care. It's like every time we have the conversation, it's forgotten.

I even told the agent I didn't feel safe in the property; I felt violated after my stuff was all thrown out.

I asked to be moved to a new house. Again, never heard anything back.
Speak to CAB or say you'll report the theft to the Police ... this is totally unacceptable. I'd also speak to your Student Union and report the agent to them.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I felt violated after my stuff was all thrown out.

How did that happen?

Does the possibility exist of moving into University accommodation?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
How did that happen?

Does the possibility exist of moving into University accommodation?
I was away. They moved in, bagged all my stuff and threw it out the back. They've also been throwing all their rubbish out there as well.

The elderly woman next door, who I get on really well with, made a complaint about the mess and now we're all gonna get charged unless it's removed.

I think I should put in my notice and look for somewhere else. This isn't a life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Muttley79)
Speak to CAB or say you'll report the theft to the Police ... this is totally unacceptable. I'd also speak to your Student Union and report the agent to them.
Technically, is it a theft? I've recovered most of my items, some are rusted and damaged whilst others are fine.
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was away. They moved in, bagged all my stuff and threw it out the back. They've also been throwing all their rubbish out there as well.

The elderly woman next door, who I get on really well with, made a complaint about the mess and now we're all gonna get charged unless it's removed.
How did they get access to your things if your room was locked?

If they put things into the back garden and they are your things, just take them back inside.
Anonymous #1
How did they get access to your things if your room was locked?

If they put things into the back garden and they are your things, just take them back inside.
It was my kitchen utensils.
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It was my kitchen utensils.
£200 worth of kitchen utensils?
Anonymous #1
£200 worth of kitchen utensils?
Yeah, I would say so because when you start breaking it down:

A Tesco pot that was 20-odd quid.
A blender worth 20 or so quid.
Chopping boards worth a couple quid.
Pans worth maybe a tenner each.
A couple kitchen knives worth £7 each.
Cups, plates, mugs worth a couple quid each.
All my herbs and spices, coffee etc.
Cutlery.

I don't think you'd want to leave any of this stuff outside if you could help it.
ChrisMishka
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
H post by Anonymous)So I been away from my student house for awhile due
I get back and there's this young slavic husband and wife living in one of the rooms.

They've thrown out all of kitchen utensils that were neatly stored in the kitchen. The guy claims this was caused by a cleaner but the letting agent have told me this is unlikely.

The guy is a clean freak, and won't allow shoes in the house. He also won't allow extractor fans to be running in the house because he's up at 5am because he works 100 miles away.

It's supposed to be a student house.

He drives a BMW with a European numberplate. The neighbours hate them.

Bottom line, I feel like I'm being bullied. Him and his missus had a cosy little arrangement before I returned. IT'S A HOUSE SHARE ffs. I've struggled with my anxiety all my life, especially after my mum passed a few years ago.

My dad has told me enough is enough, I need to man up and wear shoes in the kitchen to piss him off.

I think he's right, but it's something easier said than done. I do need to face this though..

So I been away from my student house for awhile due to lockdown.

I get back and there's this young slavic husband and wife living in one of the rooms.

They've thrown out all of kitchen utensils that were neatly stored in the kitchen. The guy claims this was caused by a cleaner but the letting agent have told me this is unlikely.

The guy is a clean freak, and won't allow shoes in the house. He also won't allow extractor fans to be running in the house because he's up at 5am because he works 100 miles away.

Bottom line, I feel like I'm being bullied. Him and his missus had a cosy little arrangement before I returned. IT'S A HOUSE SHARE ffs. I've struggled with my anxiety all my life, especially after my mum passed a few years ago.

My dad has told me enough is enough, I need to man up and wear shoes in the kitchen to piss him off.

I think he's right, but it's something easier said than done. I do need to face this though..
hi,

in my experience house sharing or living in accommodation where you share equipment is not good.
I had a older guy who threw any dirty dishes in the bin if they are left even for
a few hours. I’m sorry ppl just can’t get on.

BUT one thing i need you to think about.
you mentioned’slav’ well especially in those countries they never allow anyone to wear outdoor shoes in a house which should have clean floor.
i can say that i have seen what ppl walk in outside, dog foul, mucus, urine, chewing gum .... you get my point, so you maybe have to think, would you want that bacteria in your house. in my family house we our total zero tolerant to outside shoes inside. it’s dirty tbh and when you get your own place would you want all this coming inside your place. i hope not. we all say the 3 second rule when food is dropped but if ppl wore shoes-no way. at first it sounds abnormal asking family and friends to remove footwear but tbh they understand. Even our vicar takes his shoes off and by the way i don’t have ocd. i hope this helps you to understand the situation.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ChrisMishka)
H post by Anonymous)So I been away from my student house for awhile due

hi,

in my experience house sharing or living in accommodation where you share equipment is not good.
I had a older guy who threw any dirty dishes in the bin if they are left even for
a few hours. I’m sorry ppl just can’t get on.

BUT one thing i need you to think about.
you mentioned’slav’ well especially in those countries they never allow anyone to wear outdoor shoes in a house which should have clean floor.
i can say that i have seen what ppl walk in outside, dog foul, mucus, urine, chewing gum .... you get my point, so you maybe have to think, would you want that bacteria in your house. in my family house we our total zero tolerant to outside shoes inside. it’s dirty tbh and when you get your own place would you want all this coming inside your place. i hope not. we all say the 3 second rule when food is dropped but if ppl wore shoes-no way. at first it sounds abnormal asking family and friends to remove footwear but tbh they understand. Even our vicar takes his shoes off and by the way i don’t have ocd. i hope this helps you to understand the situation.
Hi I hear what you're saying, but when I'm basically paying £500 to live in a shared house I think it's different than when you have guests round.
ChrisMishka
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi I hear what you're saying, but when I'm basically paying £500 to live in a shared house I think it's different than when you have guests round.
hi,

i can empathise with you and you have your own lifestyle. he has his reasons and you have yours. Believe me i really know what your going through. Every time in my life except the Army, I had to put up with the anti social behaviour of other people. I nearly threw someone of the 3rd floor balcony as i was on earlies and the girl next door insisted bringing a new shag to her flat each weekend. I’m sure u don’t need further details!! £500 is a lot for a room but i guess you live down south? You have the choice of leaving for single sit if you can find somewhere else to be alone or another flat share or dare i say it, parents?? Tbh wherever you go you will alway find ppl that have different standards than you. I ended up walking away several times. please pm me if i can help more, try not get too stressed as it harms only you. Chris
Anonymous #1
hi,

i can empathise with you and you have your own lifestyle. he has his reasons and you have yours. Believe me i really know what your going through. Every time in my life except the Army, I had to put up with the anti social behaviour of other people. I nearly threw someone of the 3rd floor balcony as i was on earlies and the girl next door insisted bringing a new shag to her flat each weekend. I’m sure u don’t need further details!! £500 is a lot for a room but i guess you live down south? You have the choice of leaving for single sit if you can find somewhere else to be alone or another flat share or dare i say it, parents?? Tbh wherever you go you will alway find ppl that have different standards than you. I ended up walking away several times. please pm me if i can help more, try not get too stressed as it harms only you. Chris
I'm extremely stressed out. I've come to uni to try and move on with life, and get away from living with my father. But with regards to having problems in house shares, I've been here before, and my father is exasperated with me for not sticking up for myself. All I can do is apologise for being such a failure and a terrible son.
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He sounds like a nut, complain.

Another note,

what monster wears shoes indoors?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
in one place i lived i came back from xmas break to my 3 bedroom house i.e. a 2bedroom with a converted lounge. both of the 2 other occupants partner's moved in. and it was horrible - 5 ppl in a house meant for 2. my invitation to you is dont deal with bad housing arrangements if you can its not worth the stress. in terms of the shoe thing taking off shoes in house is reasonable to me
Anonymous #1
in one place i lived i came back from xmas break to my 3 bedroom house i.e. a 2bedroom with a converted lounge. both of the 2 other occupants partner's moved in. and it was horrible - 5 ppl in a house meant for 2. my invitation to you is dont deal with bad housing arrangements if you can its not worth the stress. in terms of the shoe thing taking off shoes in house is reasonable to me
I don't this guy to think he can start bullying me though, it seems like he has an attitude problem and can do what he likes.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
I'm extremely stressed out. I've come to uni to try and move on with life, and get away from living with my father. But with regards to having problems in house shares, I've been here before, and my father is exasperated with me for not sticking up for myself. All I can do is apologise for being such a failure and a terrible son.
Don’t feel like that - I’ve had so many issues with my flatmates this year (I’ve even had to come home early for Easter as I began to have heart issues) it’s ridiculous and even my parents have told me to man up but it’s hard if you’re not normally confrontational so I get you. Shared living sucks and just stresses you out more than anything. You’re really not a failure nor are you terrible so please don’t think like that.
Anonymous #1
Don’t feel like that - I’ve had so many issues with my flatmates this year (I’ve even had to come home early for Easter as I began to have heart issues) it’s ridiculous and even my parents have told me to man up but it’s hard if you’re not normally confrontational so I get you. Shared living sucks and just stresses you out more than anything. You’re really not a failure nor are you terrible so please don’t think like that.
I think the attitude my dad is channelling at me is "You've been through some **** in your life, you've been unhappy with your life for years, man the **** up and don't let these people win."

I think he desperately wants me to salvage my life. It was him who suggested I went back to college after all.
ChrisMishka
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey, which uni are you at?
Anonymous #1
hey, which uni are you at?
Salford
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (132)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (398)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (299)
11.16%
Lack of purpose or motivation (377)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.08%
Loneliness (229)
8.54%
Financial worries (98)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (122)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (141)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (236)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (255)
9.51%

Watched Threads