Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m 20 and Im bored in my life just with what's going on. Because of this, I am depressed, lacking motivation and have no goals in life.

I just feel so unhappy with life right now, it's hard to focus properly right now. I have no one to turn to for advice, no one understands and just thinks I am lazy etc.

I live with my parents, but I want to move out , I would much rather be on my own living with mates or a girlfriend but I'm a short guy, I'm 5 foot 5 if that so I will never get a girl plus consideringthe fact I just **** myself in social situations andmy personality sucks. I am ****ing loser , I'm ****ing 20, living at home with parents and unemployed, it's a **** situation to be in but no one understands. If you understood what I went through then you would understand.

Sometimes I just feel like crying. I am a grown 20 year old guy and I want to cry. I have almost zero social life, very few friends because I have grown apart and distanced myself from people, so I pretty much live in solitude 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Do I want this life? Of course I don't, but I don't know how to change. Each day, week, month seems to pass so fast and next thing I am a year older with still no direction. Especially in the pandemic.

I am frustrated and annoyed at myself too for not changing, but it's hard when you have nothing worthwhile or good in your life. Very little family, hardly any friends, no girlfriend or even female acquaintances, no job, no career or life goals etc.

What do I do? All I can do is ask questions on here to a bunch of kids who are probably way younger than me , nor care too much, but I have no one else to turn to, so this is all I've got.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the lockdown is ending soon. make an effort to join a social club or a church or something where you can be with other people.
a_w_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Set yourself a goal and boost that motivation.
Try and get a job anywhere like I mean anywhere and work up. You have to start somewhere.
go out more and contact your friends and remember the quote from the greatest showman "you don't need everyone to like you just a few good people"
Yeah hth
Last edited by a_w_; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by the bear)
the lockdown is ending soon. make an effort to join a social club or a church or something where you can be with other people.
No guarantee and even if it does do you I can just join a social club like that? Wake up and "yeah let's join a social club", I wish, its not that simple and if it was I would do it now
Anonymous #1
(Original post by a_w_)
Set yourself a goal and boost that motivation.
Try and get a job anywhere like I mean anywhere and work up. You have to start somewhere.
go out more and contact your friends and remember the quote from the greatest showman "you don't need everyone to like you just a few good people"
Yeah hth
What goals though?
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 20 and Im bored in my life just with what's going on. Because of this, I am depressed, lacking motivation and have no goals in life.

I just feel so unhappy with life right now, it's hard to focus properly right now. I have no one to turn to for advice, no one understands and just thinks I am lazy etc.

I live with my parents, but I want to move out , I would much rather be on my own living with mates or a girlfriend but I'm a short guy, I'm 5 foot 5 if that so I will never get a girl plus consideringthe fact I just **** myself in social situations andmy personality sucks. I am ****ing loser , I'm ****ing 20, living at home with parents and unemployed, it's a **** situation to be in but no one understands. If you understood what I went through then you would understand.

Sometimes I just feel like crying. I am a grown 20 year old guy and I want to cry. I have almost zero social life, very few friends because I have grown apart and distanced myself from people, so I pretty much live in solitude 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Do I want this life? Of course I don't, but I don't know how to change. Each day, week, month seems to pass so fast and next thing I am a year older with still no direction. Especially in the pandemic.

I am frustrated and annoyed at myself too for not changing, but it's hard when you have nothing worthwhile or good in your life. Very little family, hardly any friends, no girlfriend or even female acquaintances, no job, no career or life goals etc.

What do I do? All I can do is ask questions on here to a bunch of kids who are probably way younger than me , nor care too much, but I have no one else to turn to, so this is all I've got.
you can do this.
make a list of Goals, thing you want to achieve. Any everyday work towards them.
Start going to the gym. Be confident in yourself, because you can do it, you just have to believe in yourself.
Hope this helps x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
you can do this.
make a list of Goals, thing you want to achieve. Any everyday work towards them.
Start going to the gym. Be confident in yourself, because you can do it, you just have to believe in yourself.
Hope this helps x
Just want my life over and done with tbh
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago

relax, i'm 19 and in the exact situation as you. had this extestential crisis last month. the feeling will pass, and things are opening up soon again. find any job because it will develop ur social skills. good luck!!!
a_w_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What goals though?
anything I'll give you a start

Tomorrow I will get 10,000 steps
Anonymous #1
(Original post by a_w_)

Sure
Anonymous #1
relax, i'm 19 and in the exact situation as you. had this extestential crisis last month. the feeling will pass, and things are opening up soon again. find any job because it will develop ur social skills. good luck!!!
Appreciated
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Have you posted about this on here before?
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just want my life over and done with tbh
Don't say that 😢 I'm having a *****y day too lol but we can do this haha😢

It is really hard getting started, but getting started is the hardest you'll have to work. Once you start moving in the right direction things become so much easier, you just have to take that first step tbh.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
Have you posted about this on here before?
I posted last year and was in the same position
a_w_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by a_w_)

Day 2: I will make my bed and clean my room
day 3: I will contact someone I want to get closer with
day 4: I will go for a walk somewhere new
day 5: I will try new meals and have a healthy day
day 6: focus on skincare maybe buy a face mask
Day 7: I will try a workout online

there you go... That's a whole week!
you will feel so much better even after doing these simple goals
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago

you are taller than the average woman so don't use your height as a reason you wont get girls
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I posted last year and was in the same position
I thought there was something familiar about your post.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by a_w_)
Day 2: I will make my bed and clean my room
day 3: I will contact someone I want to get closer with
day 4: I will go for a walk somewhere new
day 5: I will try new meals and have a healthy day
day 6: focus on skincare maybe buy a face mask
Day 7: I will try a workout online

there you go... That's a whole week!
you will feel so much better even after doing these simple goals
Decent advice tbf
Cheers
Anonymous #1
you are taller than the average woman so don't use your height as a reason you wont get girls
Alright
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
I thought there was something familiar about your post.
OK, do you have any suggestions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (140)
4.81%
Uncertainty around my education (428)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (326)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (407)
13.98%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (133)
4.57%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (177)
6.08%
Loneliness (250)
8.59%
Financial worries (108)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (119)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (133)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (157)
5.39%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (259)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (275)
9.44%

Watched Threads