How to not let mean comments from the internet get to you?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Some people I don't know said some mean stuff about me on of my posts. Really knocked my confidence in myself.

Advice please
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Report them :hugs:

Going anon b/c i have been harassed on here too
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mean comments on the internet are never personal if the user making it doesnt know you. They're likely frustrated with their own personal issues and are projecting that frustration onto you.
Have compassion and ignore, dont entertain them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Report them :hugs:

Going anon b/c i have been harassed on here too
thank youu, it wasn't on TSR it was TikTok. I deleted what I put so I guess it's a bit too late to report but thanks for replying xx. They had made a comment about my looks/ my vibe and I guess it just really hurt since I was already insecure about that particular thing they said.

(Original post by Foxehh)
Mean comments on the internet are never personal if the user making it doesnt know you. They're likely frustrated with their own personal issues and are projecting that frustration onto you.
thank youu xx
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
one thing i say to myself is that if they aren’t able to prove scientifically that what they’re saying is true then i don’t gotta worry 😫🤺
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Insulting someone's appearance if the first line of attack for a simpleton. If they're doing that it's because they're too simple to say anything meaningful.
Anonymous #1
one thing i say to myself is that if they aren’t able to prove scientifically that what they’re saying is true then i don’t gotta worry 😫🤺
(Original post by ROTL94)
Insulting someone's appearance if the first line of attack for a simpleton. If they're doing that it's because they're too simple to say anything meaningful.
Thank you
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Foxehh)
PRSOM

Frankly, I feel like even in real life, people who are rude or abusive to others are mostly talking about themselves.
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Insults are used by those who are incapable of making coherent points. Always remember this.
andrewflintoff
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
On the off chance that the remark is from somebody you know, you can manage it by telling the individual how you feel. The sender may not understand that their remark was mean or that it hurt your emotions. Conversing with them in private
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Some people I don't know said some mean stuff about me on of my posts. Really knocked my confidence in myself.

Advice please.
People who don't know you can't say things abt you (whether good or bad) and expect you and everyone to believe its true. Don't say anything rude back, but ignore and move on. You're doing great without them
S H A R K Y
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Insults are similar to an airplane, they both fly over my head.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by EierVonSatan)
Why are you replying to yourself? Anon #1
People who don't know you can't say things abt you (whether good or bad) and expect you and everyone to believe its true. Don't say anything rude back, but ignore and move on. You're doing great without them
thank you xx
wait what I'm anon 1 lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads