My bf of 3 year wants a break

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My boyfriend of 3 years just told me that he wants us to take a break he said he doesn’t want the title because it apparently makes him feel trapped he wants us to be “friends” Until things get better. In the meantime while we are on this “break” he wants us to be both loyal for each other, I have noticed that slowly everything I do is starting to annoy him the little things like asking for a hug, a kiss ( while I am going to give a kiss he would move his face where I would end up kissing his cheek when Really I was going for a kiss on the lips, he also said he doesn’t like kissing it public which is fine bc I don’t as well but sometimes it’s just me and him and he still doesn’t ) I use to love putting my leg over his leg but he use to be fine with it but recently he would be annoyed by it or that I’m a clumsy person and I genuinely am apparently according to him I do that because I think it’s cute ? When I do not do it on purpose. It’s strange bc he still invites me to places ( honestly he’s my only friend) we still have sex and I don’t want to say no because I feel like if I do he wouldn’t want me there no more . It’s strange because he cares for me well like he’s the one who would help me with my uni work

The main thing for me is I have no friends besides him, I try to make friends but I feel like no one actually wants to be my close friend I would say I’m not so lucky in the friends department, honestly it’s so sad to think this but if I wasn’t still with him I would be so alone not going anywhere not meeting anyone. So in a way I really stay in it because I don’t want to be alone and also he’s the guy who took my v card so I feel like I have some weird attachment with him which I hate so much
Do I just give up on this relationship? Do you think he would ever want to be back in a relationship? I need some advice:
How can I slowly leave ?
LairdBerkut
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It seems like he's falling out of love with you, or doesn't want to be the one to pull the trigger. Try doing a Ross Geller while on your break and see how it goes.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
BREAk up with him, u r amazing and u deserve amazing, dont slowly leave, call him up and just tell him were done, the sooner u r done with him the sooner u become happy once again
LeoKisia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriend of 3 years just told me that he wants us to take a break he said he doesn’t want the title because it apparently makes him feel trapped he wants us to be “friends” Until things get better. In the meantime while we are on this “break” he wants us to be both loyal for each other, I have noticed that slowly everything I do is starting to annoy him the little things like asking for a hug, a kiss ( while I am going to give a kiss he would move his face where I would end up kissing his cheek when Really I was going for a kiss on the lips, he also said he doesn’t like kissing it public which is fine bc I don’t as well but sometimes it’s just me and him and he still doesn’t ) I use to love putting my leg over his leg but he use to be fine with it but recently he would be annoyed by it or that I’m a clumsy person and I genuinely am apparently according to him I do that because I think it’s cute ? When I do not do it on purpose. It’s strange bc he still invites me to places ( honestly he’s my only friend) we still have sex and I don’t want to say no because I feel like if I do he wouldn’t want me there no more . It’s strange because he cares for me well like he’s the one who would help me with my uni work

The main thing for me is I have no friends besides him, I try to make friends but I feel like no one actually wants to be my close friend I would say I’m not so lucky in the friends department, honestly it’s so sad to think this but if I wasn’t still with him I would be so alone not going anywhere not meeting anyone. So in a way I really stay in it because I don’t want to be alone and also he’s the guy who took my v card so I feel like I have some weird attachment with him which I hate so much
Do I just give up on this relationship? Do you think he would ever want to be back in a relationship? I need some advice:
How can I slowly leave ?
You mean nobody wants to be friends with you? I think thats the problem- maybe he feels you are too clingy. Dont break up with him as everyone will want to tell you in the comment section. Men thrive in space, women thrive in circles. JUST GIVE HIM A BREAK!!! Find a hobby, join a club, start travelling and soon or later your relationship will start to flourish because each of you has a life
Gavin Ames
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why not just remain friends and enjoy the sex
Flozzie543
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

How can I slowly leave ?
See this as a blessing in disguise, I'm sorry but he's checked out of the relationship but is too much of a coward to properly pull the trigger on it and too selfish to let you move on. Losing him may be the push you need to go out and make new friends, idk how old you are but getting a part time job, joining a club or something or even just finding online communities of things you're interested in will help you branch out and meet new people.
Flozzie543
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gavin Ames)
Why not just remain friends and enjoy the sex
because she'd be letting herself get used?
Flozzie543
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LeoKisia)
You mean nobody wants to be friends with you? I think thats the problem- maybe he feels you are too clingy. Dont break up with him as everyone will want to tell you in the comment section. Men thrive in space, women thrive in circles. JUST GIVE HIM A BREAK!!! Find a hobby, join a club, start travelling and soon or later your relationship will start to flourish because each of you has a life
this was so harsh for no reason lmao
also i disagree, im a girl and i 100% thrive more in space
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (8)
6.67%
Uncertainty around my education (15)
12.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (13)
10.83%
Lack of purpose or motivation (16)
13.33%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (4)
3.33%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (5)
4.17%
Loneliness (9)
7.5%
Financial worries (3)
2.5%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (9)
7.5%
Exposure to negative news/social media (7)
5.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (6)
5%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (12)
10%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (13)
10.83%

Watched Threads