Watch
LairdBerkut
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Wow. You're probably malnourished.
Probably though when they've done a full blood count and I'm not anaemic and urine test which measure minerals which was normal. My sodium is always low for some reason though, despite high sodium consumption.
LairdBerkut
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
Are you suffering from some kind of eating disorder or this purely a choice?
I suppose it sounds like Avoidant Restrictive Eating Disorder, though I've never went to the Dr about it. Food must always be the same and not strong smelling. Eggs and fish in particular give me the boak.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LairdBerkut)
She couldn't exactly shove it down my throat. I was large and hyperactive.
I don't care

At the end of the day, it was her responsibility and now thanks to her you have a problem

Anyways I wish you luck
LairdBerkut
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
I don't care

At the end of the day, it was her responsibility and now thanks to her you have a problem

Anyways I wish you luck
That's nice you don't care.

She was a single parent with two other kids. Couldn't exactly physically restrain a large, strong, hyperactive boy. Its not realistic. Health visitors couldn't do anything either.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I always read food labels to make sure there isn't any, though its possible I've accidentally consumed them. Onion powder on crisps is the closest thing.
But crisps are made of potatoes which are vegetables
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My mum tried for years to get me to eat normal food. I refused.
But how do you know what she managed to sneak in? I was a master at getting vegetables into my kids - carrot puree in with the tomato on their pizza, beetroot in cake etc.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A good Mum would not accept her child's refusal
Have you ever tried to get a child to eat food it doesn't want to? I once held a piece of carrot on a fork up to my daughter's mouth and she threw up over it before it touched her lips or entered her mouth. If you haven't had to try to feed a fussy eater then you have no grounds to make such sweeping statements. Finally, in their 20s all my kids eat most things but they were all awkward from about 15 months until adulthood.
LairdBerkut
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
But how do you know what she managed to sneak in? I was a master at getting vegetables into my kids - carrot puree in with the tomato on their pizza, beetroot in cake etc.
I was all deep fried alphabites and turkey dinosaurs. Hard to hide vegetables in. I didn't even eat pizza at the time. My list of allowed foods was really small at the time. Usually packaged chocolate. She should have mashed up some multivitamins and put in in the food though, or at least given me orange juice. Ending up with scury is a bit mad.

Yeah, I can't believe I forgot potato was a vegetable. Not that I eat much of them.
2021 Doomsday
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
List everything you have eaten in the last three decades?
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have triumphed over nature.
Congratulations mate. It's been a couple years for me.

Life's too short to live healthy.
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you ever tried to get a child to eat food it doesn't want to? I once held a piece of carrot on a fork up to my daughter's mouth and she threw up over it before it touched her lips or entered her mouth. If you haven't had to try to feed a fussy eater then you have no grounds to make such sweeping statements. Finally, in their 20s all my kids eat most things but they were all awkward from about 15 months until adulthood.
I never said it was easy

Good parents should be able to identify issues like this and be able to get their children the professional help their children need.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I never said it was easy

Good parents should be able to identify issues like this and be able to get their children the professional help their children need.
Or just wait for them to grow out of it. I was a fussy eater as a child, 3 out of 4 of my kids were and yet none of us is as an adult and we're all healthy. It turns out you can grow up perfectly healthily subsisting on weetabix with milk, cheese and marmite sandwiches on brown bread, satsumas, pasta, prawns, kidneys, peas and crisps for several years. (Son 1)
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Or just wait for them to grow out of it. I was a fussy eater as a child, 3 out of 4 of my kids were and yet none of us is as an adult and we're all healthy. It turns out you can grow up perfectly healthily subsisting on weetabix with milk, cheese and marmite sandwiches on brown bread, satsumas, pasta, prawns, kidneys, peas and crisps for several years. (Son 1)
This guy/girl hasn't eaten a vegetable in 30 years.. I don't think he's going to grow out of it xD
LairdBerkut
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2021 Doomsday)
List everything you have eaten in the last three decades?
Chicken nuggets/shapes, sausages, turkey dinosaurs/twizlers, crisps, biscuits, cereal, bacon, chips/shapes, bread, butter, haribo. Later editions (past 5 years) - occasional pepperoni pizza, plain kebab meat, cheeseburgers (plain), sausage rolls, coated peanuts, sporadic clementines/bananas. I can't think of anything else.
yeetouttawindow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i dont eat much fruit or veg ,so i take different vitamins and supplements
have you thought about getting a multi vitamin
Last edited by yeetouttawindow; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (132)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (398)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (299)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (377)
14.06%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.08%
Loneliness (229)
8.54%
Financial worries (98)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (122)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (141)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (236)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (256)
9.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise