Feeling like I am about to fail first Year of Uni

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello TSR, so I think that I joined uni at a very bad time in my life (I am 19). I feel like I will fail the first year even though I still have a lot of units to go through but I have one that is worth 40 credits and I failed the first half (programming). Will I be able to salvage it if I do well in the second half? I am averaging about 50% of my other units. Barely passing them. Looking at the module calculator I might have a chance to pass If I score high enough marks to make it up for the fail in TB1.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello TSR, so I think that I joined uni at a very bad time in my life (I am 19). I feel like I will fail the first year even though I still have a lot of units to go through but I have one that is worth 40 credits and I failed the first half (programming). Will I be able to salvage it if I do well in the second half? I am averaging about 50% of my other units. Barely passing them. Looking at the module calculator I might have a chance to pass If I score high enough marks to make it up for the fail in TB1.
How can you fail if all exams are online?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi!

Most courses at uni are 40% to pass, so I don't think I would say that you are failing.

However, if this is the case you can definitely make it up in the second half! Speak to your tutor and module coordinators for help. They might be able to offer some guidance and advice. Also, some lecturers will hold workshops that are specifically designed to help you with your assignments.
There is also the chance your uni/course might let you retake 1 module or exam in the summer to make up your grades so you can pass into 2nd year.

I hope this helps and best of luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (134)
43.37%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
14.56%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (124)
40.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (6)
1.94%

Watched Threads