Rainthorne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Recently, I keep getting these annoying scam calls, where the person on the phone says something along the lines of, "We are charging you for using the Internet" I do not know if anyone else receives these calls, but they are most annoying. :mad::mad:🤬
Last edited by Rainthorne; 1 week ago
Cawery_10
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rainthorne)
Recently, I keep getting these annoying scam calls, where the person on the phone says something along the lines of, "We are charging you for using the Internet" I do not know if anyone else receives these calls, but they are most annoying. :mad::mad:🤬
Trust me many get the same call. Try and check whether you have handed out your phone number on a survey or any online websites. That is how they usually get your phone number. You can get in contact with your phone provider and they can guide you on how to screen and block those spam calls. For more info try visiting https://www.met.police.uk/advice/adv...isitsnew-page/. Hope this helps.
AzureWiggling
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If they know your name or any details already, and you've already answered the phone, say, 'can you please remove my number from your calling list?' and they always say yes to me and I never get that call again.
Kakeema_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The only scams I get are those dumb royal mail message scams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (151)
42.3%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (53)
14.85%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (145)
40.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
2.24%

Watched Threads