really bad braces pain

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i got my braces tightened yesterday and the orthodontist replaced a few of the brackets and it hurts SO bad. it's like a really bad headache in and around my mouth and jaw. does anyone know how i can lessen the pain please? i've tried neurofen and ibuprofen and they both did nothing.
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Cold foods and drink. It’s the warmth in your mouth that makes the wires return to their original shape and subsequently move your teeth.
Hope you like ice cream!
Last edited by WantBeAnonymous; 1 week ago
DNARNAking
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i got my braces tightened yesterday and the orthodontist replaced a few of the brackets and it hurts SO bad. it's like a really bad headache in and around my mouth and jaw. does anyone know how i can lessen the pain please? i've tried neurofen and ibuprofen and they both did nothing.
I had braces and the one thing you should do is distract yourself, watch your favourite show and don't eat anything for 24 hours. Don't clench your jaws, braces is pain is around a 6/10 its continuous which is what makes it dangerous but you can distract yourself from it.
2003a39
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, the first week is hard, the pain will gradually decrease. I got my braces 13 days ago. Get some dental wax from the orthodontics (I'm going to travel 30 mins for that today) because my braces are rubbing against two mouth ulcers and it's really painful for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.17%
Uncertainty around my education (296)
15%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (209)
10.59%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.36%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.68%
Loneliness (173)
8.77%
Financial worries (70)
3.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (87)
4.41%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.47%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.87%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.48%

Watched Threads