The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

strathclyde vs dundee ecnomoic

which uni more good? and is it possible to extra apply? at ucas more than 5
Original post by minseong kim

Hey @minseong kim :^_^: Am I right in thinking you have already applied through UCAS this year? Are you a Scottish applicant or are you applying from elsewhere?

You have two great options there with ourselves and Dundee! I can only really speak for Strathclyde here, and we have a strong Economics department that focus on providing solutions to real life problems. They teach academically relevant degrees that will also prove to be really useful to our students once they go out in to the world of work. Our Undergraduate students can select classes in areas such as Behavioural Economics, Economics of Firms and Industries and Financial Development & Economic Growth. Our Fraser of Allander Institute also has been a crucial part of the economic policy landscape in Scotland for over 40 years. Are you applying for Undergraduate or Postgraduate study? :smile:

If you have already used all of your 5 choices on your UCAS form, then you can only apply through Extra if you have no offers or have declined all of your offers. If you have offers from other universities and are considering declining them to apply to ourselves or Dundee - I'd strongly recommend getting in touch with our admissions teams *before* you do this. We may not be able to offer you anything through Extra if the course is full, so make sure that you know where you stand before declining any offers.

Hope that helps a bit! Feel free to PM me if I can help with anything else.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by minseong kim

Strathclyde has a good business school from what I heard, and it's in Glasgow so you'd be living in the city. It's also higher in rankings. As someone living in Glasgow I like Dundee's campus way more tho, so I'm choosing Dundee over Strathclyde as my insurance (but the situation with rankings etc is different for my course).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending