I think i’m getting too attached to this girl too quickly

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So just starting off by saying i’v been speaking to her for a week and a half now and I met her online. So iv never actually seen her, not facetimed, called or anything, but we are meeting up this Saturday.

So for the first few days she was talking ages to reply etc, but for the last 5 days ish we have just constantly spoke everyday, with replies every 10 mins or so for 5 days. We get on really really well but I feel like i’m getting attached to her so quickly actually crazy. With the amount we have spoken in these 5 days its general probably been like 3/4 weeks of conversations with other girls iv spoken to. I do think she’s in to me too otherwise she wouldn’t be replying so quickly and talking about all the thinks she wants to do/ go with me.

So should I just keep playing it how I am because i’m overthinking it or should I start to talk a bit longer to reply so I can stop myself from becoming attached so much as we haven’t even met yet and she might not even like me in person?
Szazm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have had some experience with online relationships, in fact I have been in one now for what's just been 3 months. I do recommend face timing, it's a good way of seeing whether you two would actually connect with each other and it takes away some of the awkwardness when meeting in person. You never know you may only be attached to the words on screen and not the actual person. Online relationships are hard because you're only seeing and hearing what they want you to see and hear and if you've never seen them you never know, they could be completely different to what you're expecting. There's also the factor of whether they are also speaking to a lot of other people in the same way they are speaking to you. I feel like if you are meeting up so early, just make sure you are prepared for if she doesn't show up or if you feel uncomfortable or end up not liking her. Try not to get too attached until you are certain she is the right one for you and you know she feels the same way. I hope it all goes well and you guys connect, just make sure you are prepared for the worse I guess, so it doesn't put you in a difficult situation if it goes wrong and be careful it's not a catfish, I would definitely recommend facetiming her anyway beforehand. Good luck and I wish you the best, I hoped this helped a bit, I don't normally do this kind of thing.
(Edit) I wouldn't worry about how quickly you reply, if she's quick on her replies as well, then she's not going to think you are needy, it's better to talk to her more and find out more about her than holding off from talking and overthinking the situation, making her out to be something she's not. Meeting up will give you both a lot more of an understanding on where you see the relationship going and if she stops talking to you after, then it's best to come to the conclusion that she wasn't interested in my opinion. Maybe give her one or two hints about meeting up again after you do and pay attention to whether she wants to meet up after that as well, just be careful out there and don't get attached to words on your phone.
Last edited by Szazm; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Szazm)
I have had some experience with online relationships, in fact I have been in one now for what's just been 3 months. I do recommend face timing, it's a good way of seeing whether you two would actually connect with each other and it takes away some of the awkwardness when meeting in person. You never know you may only be attached to the words on screen and not the actual person. Online relationships are hard because you're only seeing and hearing what they want you to see and hear and if you've never seen them you never know, they could be completely different to what you're expecting. There's also the factor of whether they are also speaking to a lot of other people in the same way they are speaking to you. I feel like if you are meeting up so early, just make sure you are prepared for if she doesn't show up or if you feel uncomfortable or end up not liking her. Try not to get too attached until you are certain she is the right one for you and you know she feels the same way. I hope it all goes well and you guys connect, just make sure you are prepared for the worse I guess, so it doesn't put you in a difficult situation if it goes wrong and be careful it's not a catfish, I would definitely recommend facetiming her anyway beforehand. Good luck and I wish you the best, I hoped this helped a bit, I don't normally do this kind of thing.
(Edit) I wouldn't worry about how quickly you reply, if she's quick on her replies as well, then she's not going to think you are needy, it's better to talk to her more and find out more about her than holding off from talking and overthinking the situation, making her out to be something she's not. Meeting up will give you both a lot more of an understanding on where you see the relationship going and if she stops talking to you after, then it's best to come to the conclusion that she wasn't interested in my opinion. Maybe give her one or two hints about meeting up again after you do and pay attention to whether she wants to meet up after that as well, just be careful out there and don't get attached to words on your phone.
This is so accurate Im trying very hard to avoid it because of those reasons, also she doesn’t want to facetime me for some reason I have no idea why. We arrange it and she’ll just cancel last minute, if she didn’t do this then I wouldn’t really try to distance myself as much
Szazm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hmm, I guess there could be a couple reasons why she doesn't want to face time, it could just be because she is shy, if she tends to cancel last minute then that doesn't look good for when you go to meet up. Are you going to have to travel far? Best thing to do is talk to her about it, ask her why she doesn't want to call and tell her your thoughts and feelings, if she really does care for you she will listen. Don't settle for her too early on or you will regret it. Look after yourself! She is either worth it or she's not.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Szazm)
Hmm, I guess there could be a couple reasons why she doesn't want to face time, it could just be because she is shy, if she tends to cancel last minute then that doesn't look good for when you go to meet up. Are you going to have to travel far? Best thing to do is talk to her about it, ask her why she doesn't want to call and tell her your thoughts and feelings, if she really does care for you she will listen. Don't settle for her too early on or you will regret it. Look after yourself! She is either worth it or she's not.
About 50 miles to get to her and I hoping that it is she is shy. I’m just trying to emotionally distance myself a bit now by trying not to think about her as much, so hopefully it will be ok. Thanks for the reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (8)
3.45%
Uncertainty around my education (38)
16.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (26)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (33)
14.22%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (10)
4.31%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (16)
6.9%
Loneliness (16)
6.9%
Financial worries (7)
3.02%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (14)
6.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (13)
5.6%
Lack of real life entertainment (11)
4.74%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (18)
7.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (22)
9.48%

Watched Threads