Stressed out third year uni student need help

Watch
Hannahzx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m a final year student and because I’m very behind I’m even more stressed out . I have been depressed with no motivation and no friends to help me get through these tough times. I have a dissertation and assignments that I need to start working on. I have an extension where I can submit my work by August , is that enough to get everything done ??. I have no motivation nor hope , I’m going to get started regardless but I feel defeated already . If you’ve done your work last minute and managed to get good marks let me know please because I’m struggling and my mental health is at a low point.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're not alone believe me xD

I have 5 days till my A level exams and need to get from a D to an A (and I have not started revising yet...)

I think everyone's mental health is at a low point but you almost at the end so you mays well keep going...

Name:  yoda.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  55.6 KB
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hannahzx)
I’m a final year student and because I’m very behind I’m even more stressed out . I have been depressed with no motivation and no friends to help me get through these tough times. I have a dissertation and assignments that I need to start working on. I have an extension where I can submit my work by August , is that enough to get everything done ??. I have no motivation nor hope , I’m going to get started regardless but I feel defeated already . If you’ve done your work last minute and managed to get good marks let me know please because I’m struggling and my mental health is at a low point.
Hey! hope you are doing well, it might sound weird to say that but I do wish you well!!! if your mental health is hitting a very low point and you do have an extension then take some more time for your health, trying to continue on when your brain is burnt out might not provide you with satisfying results. Rather take time off so when you do return to your assignments you can then give your 110% and this is coming from someone who did hit a bad spot during college and pulled last-minute task completion but overtime a realisation dawned that no matter how hard you work for your studies you need to work harder for your health. You have about 5 months so YES! YOU GOT THIS! make a plan and put your mental health and mental breaks first then completely draw out a flexible timeline and give it your all. If your college provides therapists or counsellors and you feel comfortable then reach out to them I did the same just to vent out my feelings and frustrations lol but it helped so much honestly...

And for motivation, I have found your are your own best supporter and cheerleader so cheer yourself on and don't leave space for self-doubt!

I know it's easy said than done took me 3 years to work on this mindset but I wish you the best!!!
Dragon264
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi! There is obviously a bit of a paradox here as your mental health may be low due to feeling behind on assignments and stress but you will be struggling to do work if you have low motivation and low mental health. However anyone can quickly turn both of these around. Focus on yourself for a few days before you start. Go out. Surround yourself with things you love. Talk to family and friends. I don’t have lots and lots of friends like some people yet I do have a few very close friends. Find some one, family or friend, who you can talk to. You will struggle to get ahead on work if you are not happy. But remember, happiness comes before education. Focus on your mental health first. Then, you will soon see that you have a positive attitude towards these assignments. You will suddenly have energy and motivation which will help you see that anything is possible. Of course you can do your work before august! Once you are in the right mental state, all this work that is building will feel like nothing. I’m not saying you will never feel low again and have the occasional off day. But you are not defeated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (186)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (543)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (413)
11.13%
Lack of purpose or motivation (511)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (183)
4.93%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.98%
Loneliness (313)
8.43%
Financial worries (136)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (211)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (332)
8.94%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (349)
9.4%

Watched Threads