jess_tunn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Currently I’m studying illustration level 2 (second year). However I’m not enjoying it in the slightest. I’ve discovered that art to me is more of a hobby than a career I want to pursue. Right now I have no motivation and I’m falling behind.
If I transferred I’d want to do something English related. I realise though that this would mean starting over completely. I just really need some advice. Is it a good idea? Should I grit my teeth and stick with illustration?
Mephistopyles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im in a similar situation in my course im not sure if i should transfer to a different course or do an apprentiship because the course and this year have brought me nothing but stress. Im mainly posting this because i need some advice also just not sure what to do right now.
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, you have realised it's not for you so bite the bullet and swap to 1st year English. If illustration is not a career you wish to pursue, why stay on the course and be miserable.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jess_tunn)
Currently I’m studying illustration level 2 (second year). However I’m not enjoying it in the slightest. I’ve discovered that art to me is more of a hobby than a career I want to pursue. Right now I have no motivation and I’m falling behind.
If I transferred I’d want to do something English related. I realise though that this would mean starting over completely. I just really need some advice. Is it a good idea? Should I grit my teeth and stick with illustration?
What exactly are you supposed to do with illustration, didn't even realise that was a degree. Sounds like fake arts school lol.
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
What exactly are you supposed to do with illustration, didn't even realise that was a degree. Sounds like fake arts school lol.
Not helpful dude
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (139)
4.82%
Uncertainty around my education (425)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (323)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (404)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (131)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (176)
6.1%
Loneliness (248)
8.59%
Financial worries (106)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (118)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (155)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (257)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (272)
9.42%

Watched Threads