The Student Room Group

GCSE revision time

i dont really know what im doing wrong and i need some advice, i revise 3 subjects for around 6-7 hours each day and i still dont feel satisfied with how much im doing (im in year 10) i feel like somethings missing i just dont really know what it is
Most people in your year won’t even be thinking about revision yet. I’m in year 11 and I have mocks soon and none of my friends have started yet. I don’t think you are missing anything but don’t worry you will realise how helpful all this work is later in year 11.
What subjects are you revising?
I feel like 6-7 hours is a bit excessive and if you aren't feeling satisfied it's most likely that your revision isn't effective. Although, it depends on where this feeling is coming from, are you doing well in your mocks and revision papers?
Reply 3
Original post by alwaysneedadvice
I feel like 6-7 hours is a bit excessive and if you aren't feeling satisfied it's most likely that your revision isn't effective. Although, it depends on where this feeling is coming from, are you doing well in your mocks and revision papers?

i revise what our class is doing at the moment as opposed to doing the entire course at once, i tried it with maths but got really burnt out and i started failing the exam papers they were giving us, so i havent really tried mock papers? might dabble in some soon
Reply 4
7 hours a day is a great amount to be studying in year 10. It will put you in a great position for year 11 as you’ll really know all your year 10 content.

It’s also be much easier to increase your study time in year 11 as you’re already building up your stamina and work ethic.

Personally I’d advise creating and following a study timetable. This will help to keep you accountable and also increase your satisfaction with your revision as you can see what you’re achieving.

Quick Reply

Latest