What should I do?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi! So ive been without a phone for the past year and 5 months cause personal reasons at home so to get a phone and be able to talk to my friends is great! Over the past few months I developed a crush on the guy that sits next to me in one of my classes, and we could finally text and talk outside of class. I text my friends A LOT, dont get me wrong, i know that. But with him, i felt as though i needed to text cause i dont want things to be awkward where we just dont talk but i dont wanna text too much, so i tried not to text much. Mid convo, he texted me saying i need to stop messaging as much and just left the convo there and now idk what to do. I sit next to him 5 hours a week in class. Any tips on how to deal with this?

(I have stopped using snap with him so i can make sure not to overstep again and now am only using insta so i can monitor how much i text him)
thedigitalnerd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Pick up on nonverbal cues if he is, in any way, interested in you. If you don't sense anything, I'd personally stick with my pride and stop texting him.
Jaclynmx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! So ive been without a phone for the past year and 5 months cause personal reasons at home so to get a phone and be able to talk to my friends is great! Over the past few months I developed a crush on the guy that sits next to me in one of my classes, and we could finally text and talk outside of class. I text my friends A LOT, dont get me wrong, i know that. But with him, i felt as though i needed to text cause i dont want things to be awkward where we just dont talk but i dont wanna text too much, so i tried not to text much. Mid convo, he texted me saying i need to stop messaging as much and just left the convo there and now idk what to do. I sit next to him 5 hours a week in class. Any tips on how to deal with this?

(I have stopped using snap with him so i can make sure not to overstep again and now am only using insta so i can monitor how much i text him)
If he doesn't show a keen interest when you sit next to him then I would slowly "fizzle out" the texting and just keep it civil. If he does talk to you in class then he may just be playing hard to get or texting other girls he's more interested in. Don't get too beat up about it we've all been there. I always brush it off and just chat away to others in situations like these haha! It will be harder for you because you sit next to him in class. I would say it's best to keep it civil for now or if your brave enough, ask jokingly "so I text too much ehh? just kidding sorry it's lockdown so I just chat away to keep the bordum away" then maybe see how he takes it. Best of luck!
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

If he was interested in you he'd want to be texting with you often, the fact that he asked you to stop means he probably doesn't like the attention your giving him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (92)
42.79%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (37)
17.21%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (83)
38.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed