Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Please help me with this biology a level essay question
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,
One type of movement is that of substances including by diffusion.
Look at this answer of mine to a slightly different Q, then add to it/adapt your answer as needed, yeah? Make sure you stress "control".

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...454&highlight=

ADDITIONS:
1. Other methods of movement of substances - osmosis, active transport, facilitated diffusion, etc;
2. movement of cells of immunity to site of infection/injury e.g. leukocytes for phagocytosis.
3. Movement of structures of organisms - pseudopodia; tail of spermatozoa; cilia in trachea/nose; tongue to mix saliva with food for efficient digestion; rugae of stomach.
4. Movement of parts of body: muscles on bones - control by cerebellum and basal ganglia; proprioceptors in muscles/joints; co-ordination of external ocular muscles to not get diplopia [double vision] [is it not a miracle that e.g. if we look left, the left eye moves outwards but the right inwards, yet exactly in tandem? - oc feat of nature!]
5. Movement of whole animal/plant: locomotion; phototaxis; geotaxis, etc.

REMEMBER: for all these points, keep repeating the word "control", with me? What counts is mark - mark - mark; every single mark is like a goal in hockey - the end result depends on it!

Good luck & be safe!
M.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed