How to apply to accommodation?

Watch
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I'm going to choose my firm and insurance soon but im worried im too late in applying for accommodation for both unis. How does it work please?
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Bump
Sodium229
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hiro2468)
So I'm going to choose my firm and insurance soon but im worried im too late in applying for accommodation for both unis. How does it work please?
Hello, I think if you go to the universities' websites on the accommodation area, they should have a deadline in which that you need to apply before that specific date. Have you heard back from all of your universities? If you have then like you said you can choose your firm and insurance choice and then apply for student accommodation, some universities may have this kind of "first come, first served' thing, so I suggest you do read the details on the accommodation page to make sure you don't miss out anything important. And it's only April now so I think the earliest deadline for accommodation is probably late May in some cases, also I think as long as you apply before the deadline you will be fine!
Last edited by Sodium229; 1 week ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hiro2468)
Hello!

I would recommend emailing your student housing team at the university that you wish to have as your firm They will provide you information about the application process and when the deadline will be for your housing application.

From memory, it can be around May/ June time for the deadline so there shouldn't be too much of a rush if you are still unsure. Usually the university that you place as your firm choice through UCAS will then be notified and you will be sent a link to then rank the halls of accommodation that you like the look of.

Sam- Official Student Rep
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A lot of unis haven't even opened accommodation applications yet, don't worry! Most do a luck based system provided you apply by the deadline (usually in May or June), where you pick your top x choices and then they use a ballot to order students and work down the list, giving people their top choice that isn't full. You are almost certainly not at a disadvantage if you haven't applied yet, so don't feel pressured to pick your choices before you're ready
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You typically only apply to accommodation to your firm choice
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
You typically only apply to accommodation to your firm choice
Good point, still worth checking though because I've come across a fair few recently saying to apply even if they're your insurance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (132)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (398)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (299)
11.16%
Lack of purpose or motivation (377)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.08%
Loneliness (229)
8.54%
Financial worries (98)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (122)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (141)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (236)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (255)
9.51%

Watched Threads