The Student Room Group

HELP! CHEATED on test :(

yoooo,

so I'm meant to be doing GCSEs but it's teacher assessed because of covid. anyways, for English, I'm expected a 6 and literally everything I have in terms of past assessments supports that grade.

so I recently started working more on English and on one of my assessments, I had two days to do it, so I did the question at home where I would be much more comfortable and have less stress (bear in mind I nearly had a panic attack when I started the assessment in school)

however, I realised in school that my work was done on a lined paper different to that used in our class assessment (mine had a thicker margin and wasn't hole punched)

I tried to quickly copy up my work, but didn't have enough time so ended up submitting the work I did at home and crumpling up the work I did in school. it wasn't even as if I had one piece of paper with the correct paper type as an excuse if I got caught.

I'm probably paranoid about this (I am) as I've (almost) never cheated especially like this and I really want to up my chances of getting a grade 7 or above, as all my other subjects are 8s and 9s. this is also one of the final pieces of supporting data, so I have little chance of improving my grade :frown:

help is much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
yoooo,

so I'm meant to be doing GCSEs but it's teacher assessed because of covid. anyways, for English, I'm expected a 6 and literally everything I have in terms of past assessments supports that grade.

so I recently started working more on English and on one of my assessments, I had two days to do it, so I did the question at home where I would be much more comfortable and have less stress (bear in mind I nearly had a panic attack when I started the assessment in school)

however, I realised in school that my work was done on a lined paper different to that used in our class assessment (mine had a thicker margin and wasn't hole punched)

I tried to quickly copy up my work, but didn't have enough time so ended up submitting the work I did at home and crumpling up the work I did in school. it wasn't even as if I had one piece of paper with the correct paper type as an excuse if I got caught.

I'm probably paranoid about this (I am) as I've (almost) never cheated especially like this and I really want to up my chances of getting a grade 7 or above, as all my other subjects are 8s and 9s. this is also one of the final pieces of supporting data, so I have little chance of improving my grade :frown:

If you cheat and get higher grades than what got are you will struggle in sixth form if you go for one of those subjects.
yoooo,

I mean, I sympathise - all my other subjects are 8s and 9s but English I'm particularly worried about as it doesn't come naturally to me. I'd say just try your best to not get caught at this point. If you come clean, your teachers will be forced to take action and if you are a good student and they like you, it is unlikely they will do anything otherwise. To be honest, the TAG system was never going to be perfect and they should expect stuff like this. And I heavily doubt you are the only person in your year group who has done it. Don't stress about it any more, just move on and hope for the best. Not the most morally-correct pieces of advice on this site but I'll be honest - just roll with it now.
yoooo,

Your teacher won't up your grade based on one piece of work.
You'll be fine mate, don't worry about it.
Reply 5
Original post by Joseph P96
If you cheat and get higher grades than what got are you will struggle in sixth form if you go for one of those subjects.

I wasn't planning on taking English for A-Levels whatsoever, but I understand your concern and appreciate your reply
Reply 6
I mean, I sympathise - all my other subjects are 8s and 9s but English I'm particularly worried about as it doesn't come naturally to me. I'd say just try your best to not get caught at this point. If you come clean, your teachers will be forced to take action and if you are a good student and they like you, it is unlikely they will do anything otherwise. To be honest, the TAG system was never going to be perfect and they should expect stuff like this. And I heavily doubt you are the only person in your year group who has done it. Don't stress about it any more, just move on and hope for the best. Not the most morally-correct pieces of advice on this site but I'll be honest - just roll with it now.

thanks for your response! idk about the part when you said I'd not be the only one; I believe it was only my class who got this opportunity as our teacher was not in and our substitute was late. I'm sure others must've tried cheating by using their notes/phones, but from my perspective, it kinda seems blatantly obvious that I did cheat.

anyways, I'm probably gonna try to forget about it because this has caused so much stress and i guess I should focus on my English exams after this Easter break
yoooo,

What do you need help with?
What’s your question lol?
Reply 8
Original post by chelsea.uri
What do you need help with?
What’s your question lol?

no specific question, just looking for some advice ig and what I should do if I were to get caught
Ignoring the cheating for a second... if you did the work yourself at home, you know you are capable of that level? It's just the environment at school brings you down.

If your teacher brings it up? Be honest. If you were to lie and you get found out, you're being done for both cheating and lying. They may not know, I wouldn't stress.
yoooo,

So, how exactly did u cheat?
Ah, thanks for clarifying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending