University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
I think 16?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
The buses through kenilworth stop at various points, but the Clock tower is the main stop. I'm not sure which number is best though :s
Reply 3
Thanks guys. Found a site telling me what stop to get off now, thanks anyway!
Reply 4
At the risk of stating the obvious, make sure you do get on a #12 bound for Leamington, not Coventry. I'm sure more than one person has made that mistake before!
Reply 5
Quinion
At the risk of stating the obvious, make sure you do get on a #12 bound for Leamington, not Coventry. I'm sure more than one person has made that mistake before!

:yep: I did that once in my third year (well, except I lived n Cov). We saw a bus, legged it from the maths building and the silly **** who got there first *ahem*notmeATALL*ahem* forgot to check the display.
Reply 6
Also make sure it's a 12, not a U1 you get on - the U1 goes past Kenilworth on the Bypass. I've made that mistake a couple of times trying to get from Leamington to Kenilworth (and I've lived here for nearly ten years!)
Don't only some of the 12s go via Kenilworth (ie some go direct to Leam)?
Reply 8
calcium878
Don't only some of the 12s go via Kenilworth (ie some go direct to Leam)?

Actually, now I think about it, you're right, not all 12s go via Kenilworth either. Does the X17 still go to Campus? Or did they rename the whole line U1/U2?
Reply 9
I think the X17 still touches on campus :s
According to the online timetable all 12s to Leamington go through Kenilworth. I thought it was the U1 that went two different ways to Lem.
Reply 11
Sparkling_Jules
According to the online timetable all 12s to Leamington go through Kenilworth. I thought it was the U1 that went two different ways to Lem.

The U1 definitely goes two different ways. The question is whether the 12 does. And it looks like not...
The 12 always goes through Kenilworth.

The Unibus only goes through Kenilworth on Sundays (it did used to go through Kenilworth for some journeys everyday when I was in first year..they changed it last year)

X17 goes through Kenilworth but not campus. It is only a short walk from Kenilworth Rd up to Gibbet Hill and then main campus though should a stagecoach bus pass holder ever fancy taking that route. Handy for getting to Cov from campus with a bus pass seeing as the 16 only comes once an hour.

The 16 goes to Coventry from campus and is a stagecoach bus so you can use a pass with it. Its only once an hour though and does not go to Leamington, only to Warwick meaning the X17 is the better way to get from campus to Cov without finding the change for a 12 if you have a stagecoach pass.

I know far too much about buses in far too much detail...
geek
Reply 14
happydinosaur
The 12 always goes through Kenilworth.

No it doesn't. I waited at the stop in Tile Hill the other day for 40 minutes waiting for a number 12 bus that went through kenilworth. I asked 3 buses and they said no they didn't.
snail_87
No it doesn't. I waited at the stop in Tile Hill the other day for 40 minutes waiting for a number 12 bus that went through kenilworth. I asked 3 buses and they said no they didn't.

Maybe that should be amended to 'all 12s going to Leamington go through Kenilworth' then.
snail_87

A number 12 only going as far as the university wouldn't go through Kenilworth no but that seems quite simple so it didn't occur to me to factor in that buses which are terminating at the university won't go through Kenilworth.

Latest

Trending

Trending