thoughts about age gaps?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i wanna know what your thoughts are about say an 18 year old girl and a 26/7/8 year old guy. As it is legal do u think its fine. Also if not in a romantic relationship do u guys think its okay as a platonic friendship? or is it weird
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fine- as long as there is nothing illegal going on, everything is consensual and both people are happy together.
I'm only attracted to guys older than me and date with a minimum 15 year age gap.
The oldest guys I dated as a 16-17 year old were in their 50s and 60s.
Evaaeri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, as my mum says, a 40 year old woman is a goddess, a 40 year old man is a wreck . But it's your life so if you're ok with a grown up man who is after a barely experienced child then the law is on your side. Will he allow you to grow when he is in his 40 and you will realise you want to travel/work abroad/ do a PHD? Will he have the energy to wake up and do the night feeds when you're 30 and he is 55? Each to their own - I've dated older when I felt I needed life advice but married a 5 yo younger when I grew up and needed an energetic partner. Whatever you decide, good luck
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i wanna know what your thoughts are about say an 18 year old girl and a 26/7/8 year old guy. As it is legal do u think its fine. Also if not in a romantic relationship do u guys think its okay as a platonic friendship? or is it weird
BIG FAT NO! It's so weird and inappropriate.
ShybutHi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It would be a little unusual perhaps, some people might raise an eyebrow just because the girl is young, so they would hope she is not being led on or something.

That is it really though, nothing much wrong with it if everything is mutual, it is all legal. As you get older it will very quickly not matter at all anyway. When you are like 20 or so, it really won't matter, no one will care about the age difference.
nosestrawberry
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
absolutley not.
the power dynamic of someone who just recently became an adult and someone who has been an adult for almost a decade, probably is financially dependent on themselves only, most likely has all the qualifications they desire, has most likely has far for dating experience is dangerous to say the least. perfect chance for coersion and manipulating.
why cant the 27 year old find someone their own age to date? thats usually an indicator that something is not right with them
there is a very high chance the man is a pedo which i mean i dont even need to explain that
overall there are reasons why there are child protection laws and i feel like this is even worse than a 16 year old with an 18 year old. both are messed up but this specific incident is almost definitely going to become a bad environment especially for the girl
Hyperadder04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's weird either way. Both are at completely different stages in their lives.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is pretty weird

Boris pulls it off somehow though
Levi-Jai
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
to be honest, its your life, and you can live it how you wish. you can have friends up to any age, but personally, i wouldnt date anyone who was younger than 16/17 or older than 25-26, as maturity levels will differ. but its entirely your choise. no one can tell you what to do.
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Very creepy if romantic. Platonic is fine though
TasteLikeChicken
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, I'd find it quite strange as a 23 year old (straight) male. I'd probably think 18 is too young even for me, with 19 perhaps being the absolute minimum I'd go...maybe make that 20.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (11)
3.63%
Uncertainty around my education (46)
15.18%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (35)
11.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (43)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (13)
4.29%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (22)
7.26%
Loneliness (22)
7.26%
Financial worries (9)
2.97%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (17)
5.61%
Exposure to negative news/social media (18)
5.94%
Lack of real life entertainment (16)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (25)
8.25%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
8.58%

Watched Threads