Weird feeling about meeting up with this girl

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi so i’m in the talking stage with the girl and it seems to be going well, but today she’s told
me some celebs who have slide into her DMs and now I actually feel kind of panicked. She has a few followers on instagram and kind of am expecting her to be talking to more than one guy, but she hasn’t actually told me this just an assumption.

She’s literally had the Footballer Marouane Fallaini and 8 other guys with over 100k followers and some of them are music artists from America. I can’t compete with that, if that’s her standard in her DMs and then there’s regular me with 300 followers and is a Uni student.

We have been talking for about a week so i’m that far into the talking stage where I slide into her DMs and we are meeting on the 12th April. Whenever I ask her if she wants to call and talk about stuff she does fob me off and says we’ll talk about it when we meet up.

I’m kind of worried now she might stand me up and this worries me a bit because she’s about 80 miles away. I wouldn’t be too worried about the whole thing but she organized the date and was keen to meet up and not facetime or call me first.

Basically I know I’m not the most attractive guy i’m average and I think I have a decent personality. But I don’t understand why she has picked me over these celebrities, is she playing a weird game with me or something. I don’t know but it just feels like something isn’t adding up.
Jonathanツ
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Are you worried that she could turn out to be a dude and kidnap your or something?
IlikeDonerKebab
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ur gonna get kidnappped and sent to an Italian farm to pick grapes
Last edited by IlikeDonerKebab; 6 days ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
Are you worried that she could turn out to be a dude and kidnap your or something?
Nah that isn’t my main concern, idk I feels a bit weird she doesn’t want to call me first or anything. I’m not really worried about being kidnapped because i’m not really a small guy i’m 6’2 and fairly built so i’m not worried about that. But it feels weird she’s turning down celebrities to go on a date with me. I feel like it’s too good to be true and is some kind of stitch up
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Nah that isn’t my main concern, idk I feels a bit weird she doesn’t want to call me first or anything. I’m not really worried about being kidnapped because i’m not really a small guy i’m 6’2 and fairly built so i’m not worried about that. But it feels weird she’s turning down celebrities to go on a date with me. I feel like it’s too good to be true and is some kind of stitch up
Yeah it sounds fishy

If we don't hear from you in a week we will know your either dead or stuck on a farm in Italy
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
One of these days you're gonna wake up with no kidneys.
jas149
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
how do you know that she turned down celebrities? if she sent screenshots of conversations, they could've easily been fake. Unless, do they follow her on insta? the whole thing seems a bit suspicious. Even if you're a tall guy, you should never meet someone without face timing them first. Being fairly built won't stop you from being kidnapped by multiple men either
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

We have been talking for about a week so i’m that far into the talking stage where I slide into her DMs and we are meeting on the 12th April. Whenever I ask her if she wants to call and talk about stuff she does fob me off and says we’ll talk about it when we meet up.

I’m kind of worried now she might stand me up and this worries me a bit because she’s about 80 miles away. I wouldn’t be too worried about the whole thing but she organized the date and was keen to meet up and not facetime or call me first.
I'm not sure that travelling 80 miles to see someone you have never met is the right thing to do at the moment. I know that rules are changing, but even so .................... Is April 12th not too soon?
2003a39
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'd look through her Instagram carefully to see anything fishy in case she locks you in her cave.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
Yeah it sounds fishy

If we don't hear from you in a week we will know your either dead or stuck on a farm in Italy
You know what, she has put a decent amount of effort into this kidnap if it is one. I do appreciate the effort, i’d happy pick the grapes on the farm for them.
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You know what, she has put a decent amount of effort into this kidnap if it is one. I do appreciate the effort, i’d happy pick the grapes on the farm for them.
Yeah, get to go on Holiday before anyone in the UK

Sounds like a sweet deal
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
celebs sliding into DMs doesnt mean theyre trying to have a relationship, probs just an easy lay. don't overthink it
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
Sounds super suss. Don’t meet anyone unless they are willing to FaceTime or call. It’s for your own good. It could be a catfish or mates taking the piss or anything.
It could be nothing but best to be safe than sorry, mate.
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I wouldn't go if I were you. Trying to meet up, but turning down calls and facetimes is a definite creep vibe. Also, I don't believe she's talking to celebrities or that they've slid in to her DMs. Why would you trust this catfish?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jas149)
how do you know that she turned down celebrities? if she sent screenshots of conversations, they could've easily been fake. Unless, do they follow her on insta? the whole thing seems a bit suspicious. Even if you're a tall guy, you should never meet someone without face timing them first. Being fairly built won't stop you from being kidnapped by multiple men either
Yhhh that’s what i’m thinking, she’s should screenshots on it, not as a brag but it randomly came up in conversation one time as she shows me them. Also girls never normally arrange a date, which has kind of made me slightly worried. But to be fair I did suggest going to hers as she lives in a student accom while i’m living at home so we couldn’t really meet at my place. I hoping the fact she lives in a University means it’s safe
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2003a39)
I'd look through her Instagram carefully to see anything fishy in case she locks you in her cave.
Yhh I have, I can’t see any faults with her instagram at all. All looks good as can be, so I guess i’m overthinking it
Anonymous #4
Report 6 days ago
Hi so i’m in the talking stage with the girl and it seems to be going well, but today she’s told
me some celebs who have slide into her DMs and now I actually feel kind of panicked. She has a few followers on instagram and kind of am expecting her to be talking to more than one guy, but she hasn’t actually told me this just an assumption.

She’s literally had the Footballer Marouane Fallaini and 8 other guys with over 100k followers and some of them are music artists from America. I can’t compete with that, if that’s her standard in her DMs and then there’s regular me with 300 followers and is a Uni student.

Basically I know I’m not the most attractive guy i’m average and I think I have a decent personality. But I don’t understand why she has picked me over these celebrities, is she playing a weird game with me or something. I don’t know but it just feels like something isn’t adding up.
And I have a weird feeling about meeting up with you too!
Anonymous #5
Report 6 days ago
Link her insta and I'll check it out for you mate.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If everything were to work out fine, how would you carry on a relationship with her? Bearing in mind the 80 mile distance.

On the face of it, it does sound catfishy.

If she does turn out to be genuine, try not to feel overawed by her online presence - which is all a load of fluffy relatively unimportant stuff.

Has she asked for money? If she has she's a scammer. If some last minute emergency comes up where she needs some cash quick, that's a scam too.

If you have a car, or the public transport links aren't too bad, I'd say go along and treat it as a day out on your own. If someone turns up to meet you, treat that as a bonus.
2003a39
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yhh I have, I can’t see any faults with her instagram at all. All looks good as can be, so I guess i’m overthinking it
As a final precaution, I'd ask her to write your name on a piece of paper and take an image of her behind it (so it covers her face), if you see a glimpse of long hair, it'll likely confirm that she's a woman and not a catfish. I'm questioning how you can agree to meet her when you don't know what she looks like, you might not find her attractive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (94)
42.53%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (38)
17.19%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (85)
38.46%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (4)
1.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise