Even if I was I wouldn't say "yes I'm a troll..." just common sense tbh
I wasn't even acting like one loool
barnet1471
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
17 from Sunderland (Nearish Newcastle if u don't know where that is)

I just don't see the point, they run around on a field kicking a ball..... I mean cumon... how is that considered entertainment?
Sunderland, near Newcastle? You are a traitor to Mackems everywhere.
Wise Goldie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
17 from Sunderland (Nearish Newcastle if u don't know where that is)

I just don't see the point, they run around on a field kicking a ball..... I mean cumon... how is that considered entertainment?
i agree whats the point like films
just a bunch of actors pretending somethings happening in front of a green screen

and tennis just 2 people hitting a ball at other

and music just some noise whats the point
chelsea.uri
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by barnet1471)
Sunderland, near Newcastle? You are a traitor to Mackems everywhere.
What's that?
barnet1471
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
What's that?
A Mackem is a person from Sunderland. Someone who would never call themselves a Geordie (a person born within spitting distance of the River Tyne, which flows through Newcastle).

A person from Manchester would never say there are from near Liverpool, to give another example.
chelsea.uri
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnet1471)
A Mackem is a person from Sunderland. Someone who would never call themselves a Geordie (a person born within spitting distance of the River Tyne, which flows through Newcastle).

A person from Manchester would never say there are from near Liverpool, to give another example.
Oh ok...
the_pharaoh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They are wayyy too overpaid then... £100k to run and kick...
Ok Ive had this argument before and disproved the person

it's simple think of football clubs as companies and the players as employees the players generate a certain amount of revenue they are then paid for that revenue they generated now they cant be overpayed cuz if they were the clubs would be making losses, moreover there is about 40%income tax so the more they get payed the more tax they pay this tax is used to improve the company

so there is no way they are overpayed or else football clubs would be making losses and as business men they want to optamise profit

moreover football require way more skills and hard work than u think
Loganh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
Ok I've established that thanks
Edited accordingly
I told u before that guy ok
chelsea.uri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Loganh)
I told u before that guy ok
Huh
Who?
Rufus the red
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
Ok Ive had this argument before and disproved the person

it's simple think of football clubs as companies and the players as employees the players generate a certain amount of revenue they are then paid for that revenue they generated now they cant be overpayed cuz if they were the clubs would be making losses, moreover there is about 40%income tax so the more they get payed the more tax they pay this tax is used to improve the company

so there is no way they are overpayed or else football clubs would be making losses and as business men they want to optamise profit

moreover football require way more skills and hard work than u think
I'd argue that they're overpayed in the sense that they're payed disproportionately more than people who do other sports requiring a skill level. I suppose the whole problem there is supply and demand rather than the clubs giving the players more than they're able to.
Becoming a professional footballer does require lots of skill and hard work but there are lots of other sports with many people who work as hard or harder* than the majority of professional footballers and don't get payed anywhere near as much.

The bottom line being: their pay is justified by public demand but not by skill (as compared with other sports)

*I justify the use of saying that they work harder as there are lots of professional footballers (in the region of 4000 by a quick browse on the interwebs) which means that there are more at lower skill levels who are still able to become professional as compared with a sport like cricket (400) - which I would call a moderately comparable sport in terms of team size. I assume that the cricket players are the best in the UK and therefore comparable to the best 400 football players meaning that, for their sport, more football players at a lower relative skill level are payed
the_pharaoh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)
I'd argue that they're overpayed in the sense that they're payed disproportionately more than people who do other sports requiring a skill level. I suppose the whole problem there is supply and demand rather than the clubs giving the players more than they're able to.
Becoming a professional footballer does require lots of skill and hard work but there are lots of other sports with many people who work as hard or harder* than the majority of professional footballers and don't get payed anywhere near as much.

The bottom line being: their pay is justified by public demand but not by skill (as compared with other sports)

*I justify the use of saying that they work harder as there are lots of professional footballers (in the region of 4000 by a quick browse on the interwebs) which means that there are more at lower skill levels who are still able to become professional as compared with a sport like cricket (400) - which I would call a moderately comparable sport in terms of team size. I assume that the cricket players are the best in the UK and therefore comparable to the best 400 football players meaning that, for their sport, more football players at a lower relative skill level are payed
The main point I was tryna make is that the pay is justifiable by the revenue they generate
Jigsaw_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
These two...
Name:  item_13_5839.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  94.6 KB
chelsea.uri
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jigsaw_)
These two...
Name:  item_13_5839.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  94.6 KB
What about them?
Do you have a problem with homosexuality? 👀🤔
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They are wayyy too overpaid then... £100k to run and kick...
What forms of entertainment do you enjoy?
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rufus the red)

The comparison you’re missing is the number of people that play football overall, compared to the number of people who play cricket overall.

The best 4,000 football players in the UK will be a smaller percentage of the overall than the best 400 cricketers against the overall number of players.

Football is far more widely played both in the UK and across the world as a whole than any other sport, so is then far more competitive to get to the top level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (75)
4.74%
Uncertainty around my education (242)
15.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (172)
10.88%
Lack of purpose or motivation (223)
14.1%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.49%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (92)
5.82%
Loneliness (139)
8.79%
Financial worries (56)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (71)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (76)
4.81%
Lack of real life entertainment (82)
5.19%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (137)
8.67%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (145)
9.17%

Watched Threads