The Student Room Group

Funding with previous study

Hi,

New here, but I was hoping for some advice.

I am looking to change careers. I've basically wasted three years of Student Finance on various undergraduate courses but I now want to do something totally different.

I was hoping for a full list of courses that are exempt from previous study rules and that I could get a tuition fee loan for. I've been looking at mental health nursing - I was under the impression that regardless of previous study I could get tuition fee loan for it, but I saw a thread earlier that said different.

I was really keen to do teaching but I don't think that is included?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by stephaniepaul15
Hi,

New here, but I was hoping for some advice.

I am looking to change careers. I've basically wasted three years of Student Finance on various undergraduate courses but I now want to do something totally different.

I was hoping for a full list of courses that are exempt from previous study rules and that I could get a tuition fee loan for. I've been looking at mental health nursing - I was under the impression that regardless of previous study I could get tuition fee loan for it, but I saw a thread earlier that said different.

I was really keen to do teaching but I don't think that is included?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Good Afternoon Stephanie,

Mental Health Nursing and Initial Teacher Training courses are considered exceptions so full funding is available.

Is there a specific teaching course you had in mind?

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Original post by Shaun SFE

Mental Health Nursing and Initial Teacher Training courses are considered exceptions so full funding is available.

Warm Regards,
Shaun.

Ah really. I was looking at this course - so if I was to do this, I would be eligible for a tuition fee loan as well as maintenance loans etc?

https://www.hope.ac.uk/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/primaryeducation5-11withqts/

Thanks
Original post by stephaniepaul15
Ah really. I was looking at this course - so if I was to do this, I would be eligible for a tuition fee loan as well as maintenance loans etc?

https://www.hope.ac.uk/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/primaryeducation5-11withqts/

Thanks

Original post by Shaun SFE

Warm Regards,

Shaun.

Hi, sorry would this be included?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending