I’m the only one who’s never been in a relationship..

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m a 24 year old male, i’ve been told i’m pretty handsome, always done sports, and above average height. I’ve been around females all my life, went to uni, had lots of friends etc.. the only thing is, i’ve never actually been in a relationship. I’ve had so many opportunities too, but i just didn’t want it for one reason or another, i’ve also been told i’m too laid back for my own good. I also used to be around girls all the time in school/uni, and have shared beds on many of an occasion. Now i live at home, don’t really talk to girls, and the ones i did talk to had boyfriends etc, and have all but forgotten about me. I’ve never brought a girl home to my parents, never been on holiday with one etc.. I’m pretty content at the moment, however it’s dawning in me that i’m not getting any younger, and i have the dating experience of a 15 year old. I’m also pretty shy, so it’s almost a vicious circle that i find myself in. I’m not by any means desperate, i’m actually probably too happy in my own company, but i’m fully aware that the best time to make a move would be sharpish, as people are starting to ask questions..
“The best time to plant a seed was 20 years ago, the second best time is now”
What advice would you give me? Thanks for reading!
Baby_Stitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Try meeting girls through friends or getting out more. 24 is still very young anyway. I wouldn't worry,
Cıllıan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What advice would you give me? Thanks for reading!
Not to care about societies dating standards. If it happens it happens, but there's no reason to force yourself into a relationship.
Gavin2016
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you had sex with one?

Either way if you're shy/introverted that tends not to play well with girls. Sports are ok but unless you got a gym bod out of it, i.e athletic as in obvious muscles everywhere I don't think it would count for anything. Some girls see me as handsome but most will see me as everyday looking. The point I'm try to make us that you are probably an ok guy in many respects but if you're not getting into relationships with girls then you likely need to raise your game. At 24 that is young enough still to make difference. That or go for the less desirable girls and that may be an easier reach but you've got to be content with your choice of course.

We can't all be blessed with the looks & talent of films stars so probably best to be reasonable as to expectations as to the girl.

All that said I personally don't think these days the dating environment is great these days in society, too many wants and issues especially from girls in my opinion.
FluffyAkitaBoy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have not been in a relationship either. I am shy with girls, don't enjoy alcohol and loud music, am 5'8'', chubby and I hate hookups and the whole process of ''picking up'' girls. If am gonna be in a relationship with a woman, I'd want to be with someone who's my friend and we like each other as more than lovers.
Gavin2016
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
One thought actually is look into dating Indian or Chinese girls. Both apparently in general prefer guys on the quieter side. In their culture they shun the gobbo's they know they talk a lot and don't deliver and out that way that is no good to them. Of course there are a lot of native born Indian & Chinese girls also who tend to have much the same sentiment. In the UK and a lot of western society for some reason women have decided gobbo is the way to go in men even if they find them difficult to get on with.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gavin2016)
One thought actually is look into dating Indian or Chinese girls. Both apparently in general prefer guys on the quieter side. In their culture they shun the gobbo's they know they talk a lot and don't deliver and out that way that is no good to them. Of course there are a lot of native born Indian & Chinese girls also who tend to have much the same sentiment. In the UK and a lot of western society for some reason women have decided gobbo is the way to go in men even if they find them difficult to get on with.
I can back this.
Gavin2016
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can back this.
Apparently a load of Hong Konger's are currently making their way in. OP could take it as an opportunity to move on in there. Often new immigrants set up in certain areas, once this become known then moving near or into one of these areas may allow OP access to HK girls. A fair number of East Europeans are going back now so odds are the new HK crowd will move into the areas vacated by them.
HonesTruth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are hundreds of incels and whatever the term is for women who can't attract men, who have never been in a relationship. Dw, you're not alone in the boat drifting to the waterfall.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (8)
3.72%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
16.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (23)
10.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (30)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (9)
4.19%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (15)
6.98%
Loneliness (15)
6.98%
Financial worries (6)
2.79%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (13)
6.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (11)
5.12%
Lack of real life entertainment (11)
5.12%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (18)
8.37%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (21)
9.77%

Watched Threads