The Student Room Group

RLMT discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Till you realise that America has the highest number of unemployed doctors due to the matching system where everybody (American and Foreign trained), have to sit the exact SAME exam, and the ones with the best scores match into their specialties based on merit. Many of those doctors have accumulated debts over the years in med school and they didn’t get to match. Just look up the statistics. I’m not sure you want that in the UK now do you?
I think most of us Brits really need to travel and see other parts of the world. Like I said I did some electives in 3 (what people would call 3rd world) counties, and I saw medical students doing what some SHO’s can’t do.
Please let’s sit this one out and hope our

I hope I don’t get any of the racist and bigoted members from here as colleagues.....
Here are the Stats from America. IMGs are never discriminated against or told to get in line. 90% of US grads roughly get matched while only 56% IMGs do/ Every year roughly 2000-4000 US students don’t get matched. Almost all get matched next year. It would be unthinkable to bring in discriminatory practices in the US.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6140267/

Stop spreading bigoted comments and ideas. In the ward, you will get reported for such comments
That’s exactly why America is so competitive and almost every drug, vaccine and treatment has a US link....
For Christ’s sake will you all give it a rest. I am surprised the Mods haven’t locked this thread already. Move all the IMG stuff to another thread!

Leave this one for people discussing the reserve list. This was supposed to be a thread for you guys to have a bit of comradeship not tear each other to pieces.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending