Car park barriers URGENT!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Have an interview tomorrow at a warehouse on an industrial estate. Realised today that to park in the car park you need to go through a barrier which I imagine you need to be a staff member to get through. There's no side roads to park nearby. Asked the lady at the agency and she said you press a button which will alert security and they will let me through when I tell them I'm there for interview. Is this true? Is there a button to press? It's 20 miles from home and don't want to drive all the way there and have nowhere to park!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How is anyone on here going to know if it's true when we don't know where you are going?

I imagine the lady at the agency was right as they have probably sent candidates there before, but travel to an interview is something you should always consider and you could have contacted the company; remember that in future, if required. All the best for the interview.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Surnia)
How is anyone on here going to know if it's true when we don't know where you are going?

I imagine the lady at the agency was right as they have probably sent candidates there before, but travel to an interview is something you should always consider and you could have contacted the company; remember that in future, if required. All the best for the interview.
I've tried contacting the company but nobody answers. I was just wondering if it's normal for barriers to have buttons so visitors can access through them, that was all.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've tried contacting the company but nobody answers. I was just wondering if it's normal for barriers to have buttons so visitors can access through them, that was all.
You've probably found out by now, but usually business premises with a car park will have some kind of intercom outside of the barrier for visitors etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (446)
14.79%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (420)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.64%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (182)
6.04%
Loneliness (259)
8.59%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (137)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (164)
5.44%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.82%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.42%

Watched Threads