Studylearner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So basically I do foundation maths but I feel like I am really limited because all I can get is a 5 and most Russell group university’s need a 6 in maths and English. I am not the best at maths but I am trying to make an effort to become better and I was thinking on taking the higher paper before it’s too late. Should I take the higher paper or should I stick with foundation ?
Hellllpppp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Check the specific courses at unis you would like to go to as you might be pleasantly surprised. I only got a 5 in English and have an offer for my dream course at a russell group - the only course I was slightly interested in and unable to do because of my 5 was at imperial.

If you could get a 6 show your teachers this and ask them to move you no matter what uni you plan on going to.

Also, russell group universities aren’t the best for a lot of subjects anyway and while researching universities I’ve seen my old secondary school’s view that russell group universities are the best is actually pretty out dated.
HJK27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
At the end of the day it doesnt matter which uni you go to, so dont get worried about it and just try your best.
Studylearner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
Check the specific courses at unis you would like to go to as you might be pleasantly surprised. I only got a 5 in English and have an offer for my dream course at a russell group - the only course I was slightly interested in and unable to do because of my 5 was at imperial.

If you could get a 6 show your teachers this and ask them to move you no matter what uni you plan on going to.

Also, russell group universities aren’t the best for a lot of subjects anyway and while researching universities I’ve seen my old secondary school’s view that russell group universities are the best is actually pretty out dated.
Thank you so much!!
Studylearner
Rep:
?
(Original post by HJK27)
At the end of the day it doesnt matter which uni you go to, so dont get worried about it and just try your best.
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads