?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
How to learn a level physics well
Squiggles1238
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I dont take physics at A level but i do take biology and while i know these are not similar, the process of learning the content im guessing is generally the same. How i revise/learn biology at A level is to read over my notes of a small topic (eg cell structure for me) and make flashcards on them. Then i test myself on the flashcards and once i am confident with them i attempt past paper questions without my notes. Then i go back and mark the questions and focus on what i got wrong and *why* and i will then focus on those areas so that i can ensure i understand the topic as a whole.
I hope this helps!
ohnojay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Tbh I found physics hard in the first term of the year before getting my work together.

I tried learning from the textbook (I do OCR) but I feel like they give way too much info and don't highlight the important points that you need to know. Physics and maths tutor is really useful for notes, I recreated their notes in a way into the cornel method as I find that the easiest to learn from and I added my own extra notes to make sure I covered each topic.

I used the website uplearn to help me get to grips with the exam questions as it's one thing understanding the content and a whole new thing knowing how to do questions. Uplearn helped me through the steps to exam questions as well as make sure I covered everything in the topic. However, you can always use some past paper questions and mark schemes to do this lol

Also, make sure you make all your flashcards or whatever revision materials you like to use before your assessments so you're not just spending your time making your resources when you should actually be learning it.
MechanicalOnion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
lots and lots of past papers and practice questions. do all that you can find.

also always make sure to then correct these questions and figure out why you got them wrong.
Educationisfun
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Daisywu)
How to learn a level physics well
lots and lots of exam questions, free feel to message me privately if you ever need help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (92)
42.59%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (38)
17.59%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (83)
38.43%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.39%

Watched Threads