Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I really wanna know hoe social/vibrant the club scene is a bath. Will I find people who want to go clubbing? Like I want to go out and meet new people and have that typical messy Uni experience. I know people say that Bristol is close but how often do people actually go to Bristol?? Is it going to be quiet at Bath or will there be house/flat parties? My other option is Bristol uni but the Psychology course there is less interesting Very hard to choose because another factor for me is diversity and I know bath is way less diverse than Bristol. Any experience of Bath nightlife? Most students I've spoken to who are about to go to bath this year say they prefer chill nights and staying in. I'm not the biggest of extroverts but I do like a nice balance- some chill nights and some parties.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I really wanna know hoe social/vibrant the club scene is a bath. Will I find people who want to go clubbing? Like I want to go out and meet new people and have that typical messy Uni experience. I know people say that Bristol is close but how often do people actually go to Bristol?? Is it going to be quiet at Bath or will there be house/flat parties? My other option is Bristol uni but the Psychology course there is less interesting Very hard to choose because another factor for me is diversity and I know bath is way less diverse than Bristol. Any experience of Bath nightlife? Most students I've spoken to who are about to go to bath this year say they prefer chill nights and staying in. I'm not the biggest of extroverts but I do like a nice balance- some chill nights and some parties.
Hi there - thanks for your question! My name is Leah and I am a 4th year chemical engineering student at Bath so hopefully I'll be able to help you.

My general experience at Bath is that most people there want the typical student experience - you will always be able to find people that want to go out / to house parties. While I've been at uni, I have typically gone out maybe once a week, sometimes more, and I have always been involved in socials (either through sports clubs, coursemates etc.) at least twice a week. It's really personal preference - some people do prefer staying in and having chill nights but I would say more often than not students at Bath do want a vibrant social scene.

In terms of going to Bristol, it varies. I know people do go (I have personally never been clubbing in Bristol) and it's definitely an option if you want something bigger and more varied than clubs in Bath. Bath has a few clubs, they just tend to be quite small and underground and so your options are more limited than a typically bigger city. The SU on campus has club nights two nights a week and these are always very popular (particularly on a Wednesday night after sports matches).

So to answer your question, you will be able to have a typical student clubbing experience as a Bath students and you will be able to find students who want the same thing (joining sports clubs / societies may help you to meet people outside of your flat you share the same interests - most of my going out tends to be sports club socials). The clubs are small and there are fewer options than other cities, but there is a large student population in Bath and if you go with a good group of people, you will still have a good time. And as you said, Bristol is not far away so that is also an option that a lot of people do when they fancy a change of scene.

I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any questions!

Leah
Placement Chemical Engineering
Last edited by University of Bath; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (170)
41.56%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.91%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.96%

Watched Threads