Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I feel like I'm lying all the time to my friends. I cant tell them anything because I live in a toxic household and have to keep it a secret or they will snitch to teachers. I have to lie to my strict parent all the time and ugh I just hate lying
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I had this exact problem when I was like 11/12. I’m 18 now and I still live in my toxic household but my perspective has changed completely on the abuse !! It’s honestly really hard and I understand how horrible it feels to be lying all the time. Do you think you could tell one of your friends even a tiny detail about your household situation? I personally started by telling one friend that my parents don’t cook dinner for me and then it expanded from there over months of tiny chats and talking!! It’s never your fault that you were born into this household so don’t let it dictate your life sis. Even though that is much easier said than done! The easiest way out is getting out mentally before you physically move out, esp if you’re quite young.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had this exact problem when I was like 11/12. I’m 18 now and I still live in my toxic household but my perspective has changed completely on the abuse !! It’s honestly really hard and I understand how horrible it feels to be lying all the time. Do you think you could tell one of your friends even a tiny detail about your household situation? I personally started by telling one friend that my parents don’t cook dinner for me and then it expanded from there over months of tiny chats and talking!! It’s never your fault that you were born into this household so don’t let it dictate your life sis. Even though that is much easier said than done! The easiest way out is getting out mentally before you physically move out, esp if you’re quite young.
I have lyed about my parents profession, my home life etc. I hate it. Especially since one of my parents is an alcoholic, I can't tell my friends or they will go to social services. I also have very strict parents so I usually lie to them normally. I hate being an imposter
chelsea.uri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel like I'm lying all the time to my friends. I cant tell them anything because I live in a toxic household and have to keep it a secret or they will snitch to teachers. I have to lie to my strict parent all the time and ugh I just hate lying
How do you know that they’ll snitch? Even if they do what’s the worst that could happen?
Just tell them not to tell anyone. If they’re genuinely your friends they’ll understand.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
How do you know that they’ll snitch? Even if they do what’s the worst that could happen?
Just tell them not to tell anyone. If they’re genuinely your friends they’ll understand.
A real friend wouldn't want me to experience what i'm experiencing so therefore will tell and if social services get involved they will take me away from my mum
Anonymous #1
bump
chelsea.uri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A real friend wouldn't want me to experience what i'm experiencing so therefore will tell and if social services get involved they will take me away from my mum
Anyone wouldn’t want you to experience what you’re experiencing regardless if they’re your friend or kit and ok good bcuz you said she’s toxic so...

But she can’t be that bad. Can you elaborate? If she doesn’t abuse you then you shouldn’t be complaining tbh she’s just being a mum

You might think she’s being too strict but she obviously wants the best for you especially if you’re her only child.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by chelsea.uri)
Anyone wouldn’t want you to experience what you’re experiencing regardless if they’re your friend or kit and ok good bcuz you said she’s toxic so...

But she can’t be that bad. Can you elaborate? If she doesn’t abuse you then you shouldn’t be complaining tbh she’s just being a mum

You might think she’s being too strict but she obviously wants the best for you especially if you’re her only child.
Nah its not my mum, its my alcoholic father, me and my mum are fine and I'm not an only child
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (445)
14.76%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (420)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.64%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (182)
6.04%
Loneliness (259)
8.59%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (137)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (164)
5.44%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.42%

Watched Threads