Distinky
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by CrystalRose17)
Boarding school is basically a school where you live there like I know a very good boarding school near me which is also boarding sixthform/college so basically as bossing student you live in accommodation near the school where you share a room with other students ,eat at a cafeteria ,live there like have to follow certain rules and go to school

For more information look into this

https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/...ern%20Ireland.
So I cant attend boarding school and rent my own apartment?
jennybear
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
From reading previous posts am I right in saying that you want to study for two years between 16 - 18? In the UK this is the final two years of compulsory education (Years 12 & 13) in which you sit A-levels. You would need to go to a boarding school as suggested previously or live with a guardian - you can't get a rental agreement at 16. I'm not too sure how funding would work for this.

After these final two years, there's then university which you attend for 3 or 4 years - this is when most international students come over as they will be able to rent their own accommodation much more easily. I assume (but do check) you would have to self-fund this; the course fees are currently £9,250 per year and then you have living costs including accommodation / food etc. Might be worth seeing what funding is available for you - a lot of universities also offer international student scholarships for certain countries.

Would it be a better idea to stay where you are for another two years until you finish all of your main education to then come over to the UK to study for your university degree? it could be easier this way?
danhardy.92
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Iasona)
OP won’t get student loans for tuition or maintenance if they’re an international student though
Oh I didn't realise that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (444)
14.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (420)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (182)
6.04%
Loneliness (259)
8.6%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.41%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.43%

Watched Threads