Tara.C
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am very interested in becoming a college teacher in Photography. I have an English BA and a Photography MA. I've looked into funding and it seems possible to get funding for teacher training even after doing these two courses. But I was wondering which is best? A PGCE, PCET, or something else? There seems to be very little information on it online. Currently I have found a PCET at the University of East London which appeals, but I don't know if it would be better, and mean I can work in colleges AND schools if I do a secondary PGCE?

Is there anyone else in a similar position or with any insight on this?
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tara.C)
I am very interested in becoming a college teacher in Photography. I have an English BA and a Photography MA. I've looked into funding and it seems possible to get funding for teacher training even after doing these two courses. But I was wondering which is best? A PGCE, PCET, or something else? There seems to be very little information on it online. Currently I have found a PCET at the University of East London which appeals, but I don't know if it would be better, and mean I can work in colleges AND schools if I do a secondary PGCE?

Is there anyone else in a similar position or with any insight on this?
I think PGCE and PCET are the same thing and both allow you to teach at secondary/college level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (170)
41.56%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.91%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.96%

Watched Threads