My school don’t do AS exams, is there anyway to do one?

Watch
Username280788
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’ve taken 4 A-levels and feel like i’ve fallen behind massively over the time spent working from home. As it is quite far through the year already I feel like dropping a subject altogether would be a real waste. So how could I do an AS exam even though my school don’t do them?
yxung.mxney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Username280788)
I’ve taken 4 A-levels and feel like i’ve fallen behind massively over the time spent working from home. As it is quite far through the year already I feel like dropping a subject altogether would be a real waste. So how could I do an AS exam even though my school don’t do them?
to start off with, unis only care about 3 A Levels, so its best to drop a 4th one since ur saying u feel behind, it will lower ur stress alot and give u more time to focus on the other 3!
im pretty sure most schools have gotten rid of AS exams, so i guess you'd have to take the exam as a private candidate, but again thats just unnecessary stress for you
if i was u i'd focus on my best 3 A Levels for now.
morrisah03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Username280788)
if you plan on applying to Uni they wont consider AS results anyway so I honestly think you're better off just dropping it since AS exams have been removed completely
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could ask your school to enter you for the AS (and offer to pay) but you've probably left it too late for this year and you'd be better off dropping it entirely than trying to keep up enough to take the AS next year with your A levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (170)
41.87%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (60)
14.78%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (168)
41.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.97%

Watched Threads