The Student Room Group

My school don’t do AS exams, is there anyway to do one?

I’ve taken 4 A-levels and feel like i’ve fallen behind massively over the time spent working from home. As it is quite far through the year already I feel like dropping a subject altogether would be a real waste. So how could I do an AS exam even though my school don’t do them?
Original post by Username280788
I’ve taken 4 A-levels and feel like i’ve fallen behind massively over the time spent working from home. As it is quite far through the year already I feel like dropping a subject altogether would be a real waste. So how could I do an AS exam even though my school don’t do them?

to start off with, unis only care about 3 A Levels, so its best to drop a 4th one since ur saying u feel behind, it will lower ur stress alot and give u more time to focus on the other 3!
im pretty sure most schools have gotten rid of AS exams, so i guess you'd have to take the exam as a private candidate, but again thats just unnecessary stress for you
if i was u i'd focus on my best 3 A Levels for now.
Original post by Username280788

if you plan on applying to Uni they wont consider AS results anyway so I honestly think you're better off just dropping it since AS exams have been removed completely
Reply 3
You could ask your school to enter you for the AS (and offer to pay) but you've probably left it too late for this year and you'd be better off dropping it entirely than trying to keep up enough to take the AS next year with your A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest