Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Just got an offer to study Law at UCL so I'm beginning to think about accommodation

Can anyone give any tips about the different halls (which halls have the most friendly people, which has the best facilities, UCL hall vs intercollegiate halls)
Bionet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just got an offer to study Law at UCL so I'm beginning to think about accommodation

Can anyone give any tips about the different halls (which halls have the most friendly people, which has the best facilities, UCL hall vs intercollegiate halls)
You can’t choose what halls you prefer from UCL, so don’t look into it too much. You can only chose preferred type of accomodation (such as catered, or en-suite, etc). You can however choose preferred intercollegiate halls, but even then the allocation is done randomly so there is absolutely no guarantee you will get your preferred. Intercollegiate halls obvs have people from all other colleges and international students, so much better if you are willing to mingle. Garden halls looks amazing but pricey, look into it if you can afford it!
nosithsgiven
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd highly recommend intercollegiate halls if they're within your price range. They're much better quality than the UCL halls, you get to make friends with a wider range of people from lots of different unis, and a lot of the intercollegiate halls are close to the UCL campus anyway. I know College Hall, Connaught Hall and Garden Halls are all very close by, and all pretty nice inside (especially Garden). If you want to explore private options (normally nicer but a lot more expensive), the University of London is running a Housing Fair in June: https://ulhs.vfairs.com/?mc_cid=b641...eid=d92cd96ff3
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by nosithsgiven)
I'd highly recommend intercollegiate halls if they're within your price range. They're much better quality than the UCL halls, you get to make friends with a wider range of people from lots of different unis, and a lot of the intercollegiate halls are close to the UCL campus anyway. I know College Hall, Connaught Hall and Garden Halls are all very close by, and all pretty nice inside (especially Garden). If you want to explore private options (normally nicer but a lot more expensive), the University of London is running a Housing Fair in June: https://ulhs.vfairs.com/?mc_cid=b641...eid=d92cd96ff3
I decided on an intercollegiate one (international hall, thoughts?), but I firmed LSE for law instead! I heard international hall is mostly UCL students though.
sd88888
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, for UCL students looking to apply to Garden Halls, do you have to raise your max weekly rent to 350 pounds since some of the rooms are 302 pounds? I just wanted to double-check since the options suddenly jump from 300 pounds to 350 pounds, and I don't want to get screwed over with an unnecessarily expensive accommodation (I saw some other UCL options that were 317 pounds per week).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.1%
No (190)
70.9%

Watched Threads