The Student Room Group

repeat my first year at uni query (Kent)

What would happen if ive seemingly failed one of my modules and will haved to retake a year as i probably will end up doing so. Also if retaking my first year caps at 40% but my first year dont count for my final degree, will it cap my finall degree at the end of third year or will it just cap just the first ???
Original post by Anonymous
What would happen if ive seemingly failed one of my modules and will haved to retake a year as i probably will end up doing so. Also if retaking my first year caps at 40% but my first year dont count for my final degree, will it cap my finall degree at the end of third year or will it just cap just the first ???

Talk to your uni about this - it is possible that if you only failed one module you will be able to retake it in August. And if first year is capped at 40%, that is only one year (and doesn't count towards your final degree) not your final degree result.
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
Talk to your uni about this - it is possible that if you only failed one module you will be able to retake it in August. And if first year is capped at 40%, that is only one year (and doesn't count towards your final degree) not your final degree result.

if i feel like i can benefit from retaking this year then do you think it is advised (despite me passing every other module tive JUST becuase i havent concentrated this year and scared to take what little I know into second year)
Original post by Anonymous
if i feel like i can benefit from retaking this year then do you think it is advised (despite me passing every other module tive JUST becuase i havent concentrated this year and scared to take what little I know into second year)

I can't comment on this beyond advising that you talk to your personal tutor about it. Sometimes the second year modules don't build on first year anyway but that will vary hugely from uni to uni and course to course so you need to get advice directly from your uni.
If you retake the whole year your marks will not be capped at 40%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending