zazzy.r
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hiya,

I'm a Year 13 (English Lit History Spanish), and I have one wave of exams in April when we go back, and the 'final' set from sort of mid-May. Lots of it is content I have entirely forgotten given that I haven't looked at it since August. The issue is, I've been off school now for over a week. And barely done anything. I've (re)submitted my English coursework, and written about 200 words of my 4.5k history coursework. My motivation is on the floor, and I'm very overwhelmed by it all which makes me even less inclined to do anything. Does anybody have any useful revision tips? I'm stuck. Ta x
rubystanden02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by zazzy.r)
Hiya,

I'm a Year 13 (English Lit History Spanish), and I have one wave of exams in April when we go back, and the 'final' set from sort of mid-May. Lots of it is content I have entirely forgotten given that I haven't looked at it since August. The issue is, I've been off school now for over a week. And barely done anything. I've (re)submitted my English coursework, and written about 200 words of my 4.5k history coursework. My motivation is on the floor, and I'm very overwhelmed by it all which makes me even less inclined to do anything. Does anybody have any useful revision tips? I'm stuck. Ta x
i completely relate i do english and history too and the content is insane but if you struggle with focus download forest it's weirdly helpful you can set any length timer that suits you and it stops you going on your phone. The history coursework is a huge task that you just have to force yourself to do im editing mine and i just have to do it in little chunks. create a spreadsheet of all topics and colour code them made me so much less stressed
zazzy.r
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by rubystanden02)
i completely relate i do english and history too and the content is insane but if you struggle with focus download forest it's weirdly helpful you can set any length timer that suits you and it stops you going on your phone. The history coursework is a huge task that you just have to force yourself to do im editing mine and i just have to do it in little chunks. create a spreadsheet of all topics and colour code them made me so much less stressed
Ooh Forest!! I used to use that, I've kind of fallen out of the habit but the little plants are so cute <33 I'm trying to force myself into it but I get so distracted, especially because I'm forced to do it on my computer so I can't shut it down completely and avoid that side of it, you know? And the spreadsheet idea is really useful, I'm definitely an organiser type of person. What do you do with the colours?? (I have a revision timetable on getrevising!! I can't stick to it at all either aha, I got good grades at GCSE but all my work ethic has vanished since then aha)
rubystanden02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ooh Forest!! I used to use that, I've kind of fallen out of the habit but the little plants are so cute <33 I'm trying to force myself into it but I get so distracted, especially because I'm forced to do it on my computer so I can't shut it down completely and avoid that side of it, you know? And the spreadsheet idea is really useful, I'm definitely an organiser type of person. What do you do with the colours?? (I have a revision timetable on getrevising!! I can't stick to it at all either aha, I got good grades at GCSE but all my work ethic has vanished since then aha)
simple like red for no clue orange for I know it but not enough and green for I could write an essay on this and then put dates when you revised and keep revisiting them
morrisah03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hiya,

Based from what I've read so far I think you should have small bursts of revision as it may be your attentions span that's the main problem right now - obviously caused by lack of motivation
Saying this, I'd really recommend the Pomodoro technique so :
- study for 25 mins then 5 min break
OR
- study for 50 mins and 10 min break

I personally do the 50 min but you can alter to what you want e.g 2 hr study 20min break
I think this will be effective for you as 50mins doesn't sound like a long time so you may be motivated to quickly get it over with and then reward yourself with that 10min break - you really have to discipline yourself tho make sure that break remains as 10 mins don't extend it.

And just a little motivation - exams are in around 2 weeks i'm guessing? depending on your school so i'm not sure BUT most are finishing by may half term so we have around 6 weeks until we are completely done. 6 weeks and we are done. This time is going to pass either way and I want to spend it doing something useful - you either quit or you keep going and they both hurt either way BUT with one the outcome is rewarding. You have to push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you. The one thing that makes me sit and revise is that on results day I don't want to look back and know i could've done better and regret the time I wasted. I want to work hard now, achieve the grades I want, get into the Uni i want knowing i tried my best. You can do this and wishing you the best of luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (172)
41.85%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.84%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.95%

Watched Threads