mahedy94hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hello friends,
I currently hold offer letters from two universities, one in London and the other in Sussex. As my wife is living in London, I have to manage accommodation in London. I would like to know if it is possible to commute from East London to university of Sussex 2-3 days a week to attend classes. As a foreign national, I don't have much ideas about the train system and fare. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by mahedy94hasan)
Hello friends,
I currently hold offer letters from two universities, one in London and the other in Sussex. As my wife is living in London, I have to manage accommodation in London. I would like to know if it is possible to commute from East London to university of Sussex 2-3 days a week to attend classes. As a foreign national, I don't have much ideas about the train system and fare. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Honestly not that bad. I live in Brighton and Hove so quite close to Sussex and I go to a London uni. I travel to uni by train and I assume our journeys will be similar. Since u will only have to travel 2 or 3 days it's not bad at all. I would say 2-2.5 hours there and 2-2.5 hours back roughly. Depending on the uni prestige of the London uni u might find Sussex to be a better idea. At the end of the day which uni looks better on paper to an employer. Also, it's just an underground or railway (overground) trip to a London main railway station I.e. London Victoria or London bridges. Then from there to Sussex area is most likely gonna be 1 train or 2 max. There after u may need to walk or bus it
mahedy94hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Muhammad Razak)
Honestly not that bad. I live in Brighton and Hove so quite close to Sussex and I go to a London uni. I travel to uni by train and I assume our journeys will be similar. Since u will only have to travel 2 or 3 days it's not bad at all. I would say 2-2.5 hours there and 2-2.5 hours back roughly. Depending on the uni prestige of the London uni u might find Sussex to be a better idea. At the end of the day which uni looks better on paper to an employer. Also, it's just an underground or railway (overground) trip to a London main railway station I.e. London Victoria or London bridges. Then from there to Sussex area is most likely gonna be 1 train or 2 max. There after u may need to walk or bus it
Thank you so much for the detailed response. In case I plan to find accommodation somewhere in the middle of East London and Brighton, where would you suggest me to look into? I don't want to consider Croydon considering its crime rates. And obviously, my primary target would be to get to university in an hour and also get to East London in an hour or so. Hence, accommodation closest to the train station would be preferred.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (67)
18.93%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.41%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.8%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.85%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.11%
Taster lectures or seminars (75)
21.19%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.88%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.24%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.67%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.26%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.98%

Watched Threads