How to get the Maximum maintenance Loan?

Watch
skyecas12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi there all
I tried to apply for maximum maintenance loan, my parent supported my application from their account, and uploaded digital documents of their income support, so I am allowed to have the maximum maintenance there is for a household. However, when I received my letter about my application, it only says I get the base amount that everyone is entilted to.
Do I need to also upload the documents on my account, or should we fill in the form and send it by post to make this change?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by skyecas12)
Hi there all
I tried to apply for maximum maintenance loan, my parent supported my application from their account, and uploaded digital documents of their income support, so I am allowed to have the maximum maintenance there is for a household. However, when I received my letter about my application, it only says I get the base amount that everyone is entilted to.
Do I need to also upload the documents on my account, or should we fill in the form and send it by post to make this change?
This is how SFE process applications.
They rush through initial eligibility and loan entitlement for the basic loan amount
They then take 6-8 weeks to do the household income assessment (it isn't automated). Once that's done they'll revise your loan amount upwards.

If you've completed all the requested forms then you don't need to upload anything
skyecas12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m

(Original post by PQ)
This is how SFE process applications.
They rush through initial eligibility and loan entitlement for the basic loan amount
They then take 6-8 weeks to do the household income assessment (it isn't automated). Once that's done they'll revise your loan amount upwards.

If you've completed all the requested forms then you don't need to upload anything
Ah okay, thank you for the info
So we did an online form in the student finance application about it, uploaded documentation as required, I think it should be enough right ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (190)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (552)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (517)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (224)
5.96%
Loneliness (315)
8.38%
Financial worries (138)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.47%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (335)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (353)
9.4%

Watched Threads