Can my boyfriend do this ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Can my boyfriend login to my WhatsApp on his phone? What does he need in order to login is it just my number? Will he see my contacts and my messages when he logs in ? Don’t ask why I’m asking that doesn’t matter
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can my boyfriend login to my WhatsApp on his phone? What does he need in order to login is it just my number? Will he see my contacts and my messages when he logs in ? Don’t ask why I’m asking that doesn’t matter
I assume it'll send a one time passcode to your phone number, it would be very insecure if you could log in to anyone's account simply by knowing their phone number!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
no i don’t think so. the messages are archived / encrypted
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, you can log in to any Whatsapp account from any phone, and he'd need the same login credentials as you did when you logged into Whatsapp on your phone, not too sure if it would flag the login attempt as suspicious because you're still logged in on your phone, never tried logging in to someone else's Whatsapp account.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pretty sure Whatsapp only works on one phone at a time, so no.
Unofficial_Biker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
honestly sounds that because you're worried, yeah, he shouldn't do that but it sounds like you're hiding something like a convo with another guy, cheating, anything. So just relax if you have nothing to hide.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Should also add that him accessing your Whatsapp account without your permission is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1991.
stem_leader
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He can do this.

He only needs to activate based on your phone receiving a text message... meaning he needs access to your phone.

However he's probably not done this. It's hard to do, and if he has an account and switches back to his then he'd lose access to yours.

If you think he's got access it's probably via WhatsApp Web... web.whatsapp.com and having used your phone to authorise that. You can verify this easily by looking in WhatsApp Web (in the app on your phone) to see if there are any linked devices.

If someone has temporary access to your phone, then the most likely way to gain access for a longer time is WhatsApp Web. However you can revoke access granted that way.

TBH, all of that is a faff. He's probably reading the notifications on your phone screen when you're with him.
robjzh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like you need a new boyfriend / you both need to get jobs and stop worrying if they're gonna catch you doing **** you shouldn't
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The reason for phonesnooping...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (5)
5.15%
Uncertainty around my education (12)
12.37%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (11)
11.34%
Lack of purpose or motivation (13)
13.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (2)
2.06%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (4)
4.12%
Loneliness (8)
8.25%
Financial worries (2)
2.06%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (8)
8.25%
Exposure to negative news/social media (6)
6.19%
Lack of real life entertainment (5)
5.15%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (10)
10.31%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (11)
11.34%

Watched Threads