Too depressed to work

Watch
Steak___
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have my final Maths exam in 28 days, which determines whether I go to my University or not, yet I am finding it increasingly difficult to do any work. I had COVID back in February, before which I was able to happily do 6 hours every day, and get lots of work done. But recently, I have been feeling extremely tired and depressed to the point where I can only do a couple of hours or so a day. I am very worried because my exams are so soon, has anyone else been through something similar?
username5603026
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I feel like this everyday, I struggle with work because of depression and I’m scared my parents get angry at me if I don’t do well.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Steak___)
I have my final Maths exam in 28 days, which determines whether I go to my University or not, yet I am finding it increasingly difficult to do any work. I had COVID back in February, before which I was able to happily do 6 hours every day, and get lots of work done. But recently, I have been feeling extremely tired and depressed to the point where I can only do a couple of hours or so a day. I am very worried because my exams are so soon, has anyone else been through something similar?
One thing is you don’t want to regret in the future for not working hard now. You don’t want to be depressed in future so make yourself work for the sake of making future you happy. Think of the satisfaction of the good grade you’re going to get and work. You will be amazing don’t let anyone or anything that is not going to matter in your life after two year make difference for the rest of your life
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you spoken to a doctor about this? A lot of people get severe fatigue after covid, or you might have something like anaemia that might be causing you to feel tired. Or it may all be due to you feeling low. It is best to speak to a doctor so a) they can figure out what's going on, and b) so you have some evidence should should you need to apply for extenuating circumstances if this affects your exam results.
Steak___
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
One thing is you don’t want to regret in the future for not working hard now. You don’t want to be depressed in future so make yourself work for the sake of making future you happy. Think of the satisfaction of the good grade you’re going to get and work. You will be amazing don’t let anyone or anything that is not going to matter in your life after two year make difference for the rest of your life
Yeah you're right, I need to just stick it out and get things done
Steak___
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by black tea)
Have you spoken to a doctor about this? A lot of people get severe fatigue after covid, or you might have something like anaemia that might be causing you to feel tired. Or it may all be due to you feeling low. It is best to speak to a doctor so a) they can figure out what's going on, and b) so you have some evidence should should you need to apply for extenuating circumstances if this affects your exam results.
I have a doctor's appointment soon, what are extenuating circumstances and how do they work?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Steak___)
I have a doctor's appointment soon, what are extenuating circumstances and how do they work?
I have no personal experience with this so I'm not sure how it works exactly, but there will be info on google.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (184)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (539)
14.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (408)
11.11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (507)
13.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (182)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (221)
6.02%
Loneliness (310)
8.44%
Financial worries (135)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.95%
Exposure to negative news/social media (166)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (209)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (327)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (341)
9.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed