Ramadan: am i exempt from fasting in this situation?

Watch
blobfish90
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I have a blood test during Ramadan because of my hypothyroid and i need to eat beforehand because I have a history of fainting and having really thin veins if I don't drink water. Am I exempt from fasting on this day?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Everything I have read suggests that if fasting would worsen your health then you are exempt.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Whether its 'allowed' or not, you should always be putting your health before anything else.
TNOD
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by blobfish90)
I have a blood test during Ramadan because of my hypothyroid and i need to eat beforehand because I have a history of fainting and having really thin veins if I don't drink water. Am I exempt from fasting on this day?
In general if the amount of blood taken is not a large amount then this does not invalidate the fast, however if the amount of blood taken is large then it takes the same ruling as cupping, in that the fast is broken
tcameron
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Be safe and eat and drink in this situation as it is a health situation.
If you are dehydrated it will be painful and virtually impossible to get blood out in a blood test.
I know this as I have had veins pop from being dehydrated during blood tests before.
zz2002
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by blobfish90)
From what you have said, I believe so. As the other person said, you should be putting your health above anything. However, once you’re healthy again after Ramadan, you have to make that fast up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (67)
18.87%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.37%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.79%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.85%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.1%
Taster lectures or seminars (76)
21.41%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.82%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.23%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.66%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.25%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise