If you were offered a COVID vaccine today, would you take it?

Watch
Poll: If You Were Offered A COVID Vaccine, Would You Take It?
Yes (No preference on any of them) (34)
41.46%
Yes But I Would Like To Receive the AZ One (9)
10.98%
Yes But I Would Like To Receive the Moderna One (3)
3.66%
Yes But I Would Like To Receive the Pfizer One (16)
19.51%
No I Don't Want It (16)
19.51%
I Can't Have It On Medical Grounds (2)
2.44%
I Am Not Sure Right Now/I Would Ask Them To Call Back At Another Time (2)
2.44%
JamesBirky15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes. The vaccines reduce transmission so unless you can't have it on medical grounds, it's quite selfish to refuse it in my opinion. To be fair, I think you should be able to give a preference for which one to have at the same time. I wouldn't refuse the AZ one but I'd preferably choose the pfizer or moderna ones.
Last edited by JamesBirky15; 1 week ago
stevie654
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
I've only had one vaccine in my life and I don't intend to have more.
anti-vax?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by stevie654)
anti-vax?
No.
My parents are anti-vaxxers, my mother's family were too.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Probably make it easier if you passed out.
Maybe you're onto something there...
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes,

As a healthcare student who handles some of the most vulnerable in society I feel its my moral duty to have it. And I've had every vaccine under the sun so why not add more.... I'd probaly be refused pateint access without it in the current climate.

I am however considering getting the alternative that will be offered to me instead of the AZ one. Not that I'll refuse having the AZ, just if there is a second option I'd rather have that as they are less controversial and have better efficacy rates anyway. Also seems side effects in general e.g. Headaches and fevers are less with other jabs.
stevie654
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
My parents are anti-vaxxers, my mother's family were too.
Then, apart from the COVID vaccine, what's the reasoning for not wanting to get any more vaccines?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no

Yes, I care about my fellow citizens.
how tho? it doesn't stop you from getting infected. it's only supposed to make your symptoms less severe. and you can still infect others. so i don't see how vaccines supposedly protect others. it makes 0 sense to me
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
no

how tho? it doesn't stop you from getting infected. it's only supposed to make your symptoms less severe. and you can still infect others. so i don't see how vaccines supposedly protect others. it makes 0 sense to me
It seems to reduce transmissibility. However even with what we do know, less people in hospitals is less people blocking beds for those that need it especially those that need to use the NHS for something other than COVID.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It seems to reduce transmissibility. However even with what we do know, less people in hospitals is less people blocking beds for those that need it especially those that need to use the NHS for something other than COVID.
they still won't use them for anything other than covid,everyone is dying from other stuff due to lack of treatment and most hospitals are empty. the whole thing is a scam. i mean, covid exists but there's much more to this whole thing.
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
no

In short, your infectious for a shorter period of time because you will be ready for it if you actually come into contact with the virus and could be sick for a significantly shorter period of time than without the vaccine meaning it makes you safer for society as a whole.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
In short, your infectious for a shorter period of time because you will be ready for it if you actually come into contact with the virus and could be sick for a significantly shorter period of time than without the vaccine meaning it makes you safer for society as a whole.
sounds like a waste of effort tbh
A_J_B
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
no

it reduces 90% of transmission
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
it reduces 90% of transmission
how do you know? because according to my super quick research, that's not what most sources say. some say 70 something. other sources just say 'by more than half'
A_J_B
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
how do you know? because according to my super quick research, that's not what most sources say. some say 70 something. other sources just say 'by more than half'
https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2200023_1.html

Israel's success is a glowing example
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by stevie654)
Then, apart from the COVID vaccine, what's the reasoning for not wanting to get any more vaccines?
Mix of personal preference, allergies, not keen on blood or needles.
I don't take painkillers, period delay medication or blood transfusions either.
Not a JW or religious.
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
absolutely. I want my freedom, I want freedom for everyone else, it's the smart thing to do dwhen it's possible.

I strongly dislike needles, but for the 2 minutes it'll all take, it's absolutely worth it. :yep:
Last edited by parmezanne; 1 week ago
StopRightThere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can someone please answer this question for me?
I can't find anything to tell me the answer so I'm hoping someone here might know it.
I've heard that the Covid-19 vaccine doesn't actually contain the virus however, I've also heard that it contains a "harmless part" of the virus. Does anyone know which one it is?
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by StopRightThere)
Can someone please answer this question for me?
I can't find anything to tell me the answer so I'm hoping someone here might know it.
I've heard that the Covid-19 vaccine doesn't actually contain the virus however, I've also heard that it contains a "harmless part" of the virus. Does anyone know which one it is?
From my understanding (please don’t quote me on this), they have genetically edited a virus (not SARS COV-2) to contain the viral genetic code of SARS COV-2 in order to get it to get your immune system to produce an immune response to replicate the antibodies for SARS COV-2 without actually injecting you with an attenuated form of the virus. 🙂

Hence why you may have seen the term “gene editing” thrown around the internet whilst looking for it. 🙂
Last edited by Scienceisgood; 1 week ago
StopRightThere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
From my understanding (please don’t quote me on this), they have genetically edited a virus (not SARS COV-2) to contain the viral genetic code of SARS COV-2 in order to get it to get your immune system to produce an immune response to replicate the antibodies for SARS COV-2 without actually injecting you with an attenuated form of the virus. 🙂

Hence why you may have seen the term “gene editing” thrown around the internet whilst looking for it. 🙂
Wait, so it's not actually the current Covid?
yeetouttawindow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
my 4G has been remarkably better
since my microchip i mean vaccine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (132)
4.92%
Uncertainty around my education (399)
14.86%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (299)
11.14%
Lack of purpose or motivation (377)
14.04%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.51%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.07%
Loneliness (230)
8.57%
Financial worries (99)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.06%
Exposure to negative news/social media (122)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (141)
5.25%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (236)
8.79%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (257)
9.57%

Watched Threads