Do I need medical help?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Sorry to sound self-absorbed in this but what started in December has only gotten worse. I think I may have depression or anxiety or something because I am not thinking like I used to. I used to be so excited about things like university and the future and stuff but as of late, I've been really struggling with motivation.

I constantly feel lonely because I feel as though I have no one. I can't focus on work and I just feel as though I hate waking up. I don't want to disappoint my parents or myself and I just feel trapped. Every month I'll have a depressive episode where I'll want to hurt myself or something and just disappear so I don't have to deal with the world. I'm just so anxious about the uncertainty of the future and it freaks me out and I'm not sure if I'm ever making the right choices in my life??? It freaks me out and I'm just not sure anymore.

I have only talked about this with my partner and they suggested I seek help from my GP but I'm just so anxious that I'll waste their time.
What does anyone think I should do? Any advice is greatly appreciated and I just feel so lost at this point. I hope this doesn't sound victimising or anything I don't mean anything like that, I just would really appreciate some advice.
Procrastonator
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry to sound self-absorbed in this but what started in December has only gotten worse. I think I may have depression or anxiety or something because I am not thinking like I used to. I used to be so excited about things like university and the future and stuff but as of late, I've been really struggling with motivation.

I constantly feel lonely because I feel as though I have no one. I can't focus on work and I just feel as though I hate waking up. I don't want to disappoint my parents or myself and I just feel trapped. Every month I'll have a depressive episode where I'll want to hurt myself or something and just disappear so I don't have to deal with the world. I'm just so anxious about the uncertainty of the future and it freaks me out and I'm not sure if I'm ever making the right choices in my life??? It freaks me out and I'm just not sure anymore.

I have only talked about this with my partner and they suggested I seek help from my GP but I'm just so anxious that I'll waste their time.
What does anyone think I should do? Any advice is greatly appreciated and I just feel so lost at this point. I hope this doesn't sound victimising or anything I don't mean anything like that, I just would really appreciate some advice.
Definitely talk to a GP your not wasting anyone’s time.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I also agree that you should speak to your GP and that you most certainly won't be wasting their time.
KikiTheYeagerist
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

hey!
These are very real problems that a lot of people struggle with, you are not alone, many people have been in this situation and have been able to overcome it so you can too!
Yo do not sound self-absorbed or victimising, you have every right to ask for help,, you wouldn't be wasting the GP's time as it is their job to help you as that is what their time is for.
I hope you find the help you need!
Last edited by KikiTheYeagerist; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (206)
42.83%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (74)
15.38%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (193)
40.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed